Buying a new ball as a present - Need guidance

big_dazza27

Hi all,

My brother's 30th birthday is coming up and i want to get him a new ball.

He has just gotten back into bowling after having several years off and i thought this would be something he would get a lot of use out of.

I have a few queries and it would be much appreciated if anyone could give me some advice as i'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to the sport.

1. Is it possible to choose a certain ball just going from the weight he currently uses and his style or is there more to it? I figure he can get it drilled?

2. Is it possible to get it personalised at all with an engraving or would this impede performance?

3. Are there any good online stores or pro shops that are well priced that you could recommend?

I live in the Newcastle, NSW area.

Thanks in advance

Darran

Hi Darran,
If you know where he bowls, I would go to the centre when he is not there and have a chat to the pro shop guy there. You might be better off with a pro shop voucher, as there are many, many balls on the market, and most people have a preference for particular brands.

Gday,

Have sent you a PM, but Pete Zambelis works out of both proshops in Warners Bay and Rutherford and would be more than happy to help you out with whatever you might need. He is pretty much the only decent ball driller within cooee of Newcastle.

QUOTE_ (I have a few queries and it would be much appreciated if anyone could give me some advice as i'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to the sport.)

I'm afraid that I'm in the same class as yourself ( above) and can't help you with advice, but I'd just like to let you know, that as I'm thinking of changing down to 15lb balls, that I have a birthday coming up in September, ( I can supply complete drilling specs.)
:D:D:D:D:p;):p

Back
Top Bottom