Some help to the Newbie (buy new ball)

A

alphaa

Hello guys,

I am a newbie, and I really want to improve my bowling skill and performance. I am looking to purchase a nice ball for myself to use in the next couple of years. I want a reaction ball, that could give me a bit of assist in the spin for a beginner.

Questions:
1. Which pro shop is the closest to Chatswood or Sydney CBD ?
2. Which ball should I purchase?
3. Shall I drill the ball when I purchase it, or can I purchase the ball online and get it drilled at AMF centres?

Thanks for the help guys!! thanks

Welcome mate,

there are several online bowling shops around that will give you good deals.

www.bowlersbasement.com.au

http://www.bowlingballsaustralia.com.au/

thats just 2 there are more.

as for drilling Hornsbyor deewhy are the closest alleys for you to get ball work drilled. but if you want good drillers, I would sujest Bruno at castle hill or Matt king at farifield( run by bowlers basement)

AS for balls, you want something around $200 or a second hand ball, depends on weight. If you are wanting to use a 15 i have a absolute infurno, which i would gladly give you, its only been drilled once and you can then get it pluged and redrill yourself and have fun. no cost on ball it free.

pm me if you want it so you can kick start your bowling.

peter

Hiya,
Your profile says very little about you.
If you are a teenager or younger can I suggest you check out your nearby bowling alleys. See if they have a youth programme, normally run on Saturday mornings. They will help you become a better bowler and suggest when you should move up to the next level of ball. generally its also cheaper.

If you are an adult, don't rush into buying the next level ball until you have around a 135-145 average in a league. Then find a coach to show you the basics on controlling a reactive ball. I never had the benefit of youth bowling. The two hours coaching with a fingertip drilled ball were perhaps the best money I have ever spent in bowling.

Good luck on your bowling and welcome to Total Bowling

Sounds good.
Do you know any good coach in Sydney, that could give me a lesson? Not sure how much it would cost... ?

Hiya,
Your profile says very little about you.
If you are a teenager or younger can I suggest you check out your nearby bowling alleys. See if they have a youth programme, normally run on Saturday mornings. They will help you become a better bowler and suggest when you should move up to the next level of ball. generally its also cheaper.
If you are an adult, don't rush into buying the next level ball until you have around a 135-145 average in a league. Then find a coach to show you the basics on controlling a reactive ball. I never had the benefit of youth bowling. The two hours coaching with a fingertip drilled ball were perhaps the best money I have ever spent in bowling.
Good luck on your bowling and welcome to Total Bowling

Sorry alphaa,
I'm an overseas member, live in the UK
But if you go to part of this website that covers Sydney, maybe go back into the archive a little, you should find all the info you need.
You will find the members have loads of excellent advice.

Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom