Have-a-ball leagues

Hi all.

I'm due a ball (plastic) from a have-a-ball league, however when it comes down to it instead of getting the colour of my choice I have to choose from what happens to be in stock. As it's the 26th week of a 26 week league there hardly anything left.

I'm told a ball cannot be ordered in for me so in my preferred weight (13lb) there is nothing I like the look of.

Is this the norm or should I query this with AMF headquarters? Seems a bit of a piss-take to pay $5 each week for 26 weeks only to have an unwanted colour foisted upon me at the end of it. Kinda puts me off signing up for another league. Even allowing for "admin costs" I should have clocked up around $100 in "lay-by".

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

I may be wrong, but I think you are probably committed to taking what's in stock. They have more than likely bought a batch of balls at a discount rate to accomodate the have-a-ball league, to order in another colour would quite likely be a bit dearer, therefore they are losing.

Personally, I would have ordered a specific colour earlier in the piece if you really wanted something other than what they had - then they might have been able to fill your request.

As I said, I may be wrong....but that's my view.

All the best with it.........Max

Being a rather seasoned league bowler, I used to get asked quite often to join those "have a ball" leagues, so the league had an experienced bowler in them to help out the new people, so I used to swap my ball for pro shop credit, you could try that, they may not go for it, it probably helped that i was being asked to do it as a favour to the centre management, but you never know, give it a go.

The other thing to do is to just take what you can get and try to sell the ball off to someone else... at least them you will recover part of what you paid in...

Just a quick update. My centre wouldn't get a ball in for me in my preferred weight (13lb) so I dropped a pound and now have an AMF 12lb'er that is, and I say this fairly, bloody lovely to look at. Just hope it bowls as well as it looks.

It now joins my existing collection - 15lb Maxim, 14lb White Dot, 13lb Hit, 13lb Sky Bolt. Next target is a Roller I think :(

In my dreams :)

At the moment a roller is at the bottom of a very long list. I've a two-ball tote which will do me for the forseeable future. I'll save the roller for my old age or incontinence - whichever occurs first.

Back
Top Bottom