900 Global Break s75 first impressions

tonx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flat out hook. Getting it out of the box screamed Absolute inferno type cover. Feels like a pearl, but you know for sure it isn't one.

Punched 5.25 by 50, pin smack above the bridge, which these days is my most reliable layout. Box finish.

I am going to have to use it a little more to see if it breaks in and settles down. If it doesn't it will find a trip to the spinner and go either 4k or polish.

On scorpion last night, I was using my kill release 16 to 8 and because I suck at my kill release, I only shot 610ish for 3. Even with this weak release the ball was threatening to punch past the 9 pin. One shot I think I put about 5 revs on it, and almost left an 8-10 from that same angle (still carried it, but it was late), but a ball should be washing out from that angle at that speed on scorpion, not tipping at the breakpoint.

Unless drilled weaker, this ball should be as useless as tits on a bull on a house shot, unless the bowler feels like piping it gutter to gutter. I CAN see it becomming a more versatile ball with polish, but I want to test it on a couple of conditions first. I could see it rolling out on a medium condition unless polished or drilled appropriately.

s75 cover? feels like s150...

Comparative balls? Cross between a bronze centaur and a Black Widow solid with more overall hook potential and stronger exit out of the oil. Has more continuation overall than an Absolute Inferno if I decide I want to hit it.

I don't know whether to keep it in the bag for the floods or drill another and polish this one. I'll work it out this week.

Had mine now for about three of months and put about 35 games on it. Same layout as the Break Pearl gives this ball a great look on heavier volumes of oil and carry down. As with "soaker" coverstocks, this ball took about 10 games to come into its own after appearing to be a little tame for the first few games. After that, the cover really came into its own and provided the same type of carry i get from the Break Pearl, except on heavier volumes.

Only caveat is FIND LOTS OF OIL!!!!! Even with my lack of hand, this layout and box cover is far too much for anything less than heavy volumes of oil. also similar to the pearl s-70, play half pocket and enjoy the carry, high flush can leave a few cold 9's for a lefty like me.

In conclusion, it loves higher ball speeds and lots of oil and still gves the Break explosive carry. Love it. Thanks to Absolute Bowling Supplies for supplying the ball.

Back
Top Bottom