Hammer Big Rig Diesel - Keeps on Truckin'

Shadows Fall

Prince of Darkness
I have been a Hammer fan since I got my first Hammer ball (Blue urethane Nail) way back in 1986.

A couple of years ago I bought a new ball called the Diesel. It was a pearl reactive, and it was just so versatile I could throw it on a lot of conditions and it was just so forgiving (I still have it and it still goes great).

So when I saw that Hammer had released a new ball called the Big Rig Diesel, I decided that I just had to have one. Out of the box it comes 1000 finish, and where as the original Diesel had a nice copper/blue cover, this bad boy is almost all black with a slight purple swirl.

I got it drilled exactly the same as my original Diesel and have now been bowling with it for two weeks.

So how does it go? Well it more than live up to the "Big" in it's name. On a fresh pattern it gets down to the break point and then just throws the left indicator on and keeps on driving. It send the pins flying.

I have to say that it probably isn't the ideal ball for someone with really slow ball speed, unless you tame the drilling down (I range between 25 and 28kph). But if you are like me and prone to throwing the ball right of your target (I'm right handed), this is the ball as it is almost miraculous the way this ball recovers from a bad shot. I found that I had to miss to the right by about 4 boards to miss the pocket, it almost feels like cheating (I said ALMOST:D )

This is a great ball, especially for lanes with plenty of head oil (although I think with a polish it could be a pretty versatile ball).

This is yet another in a long line of awesome balls from Hammer

Do yourself a favour and check it out

Cheers

Steve:D

Back
Top Bottom