900 Global Link s30 - first impressions

tonx

Punched it basically Rico, but put the balance hole at 5 inches to not drill out the MB.

First used it on at least 100 game old lanes. Ball was surprisingly still able to get into a skid roll motion, and I was able to play pretty direct and still get solid carry. Whether this was the layout or the ball? I dunno but it gave me the impression it could be used as a tournament piece.

Played it for a short period of time on both WYC patterns. On the fresh it created some serious backend motion, yet again, was able to still roll. Ball became difficult to keep in play on the long as it carried down (for obvious reasons) but on the short I was able to stay in play for as long as I needed to. Definately a suitable ball for a high performance bowler on shorter sports compliant patterns, as the ball was able to produce a little tug room with a matched up release and speed.

Moving forward, I will be keeping the ball box finish. Impressively it doesn't really squirt like some lower flare pearls, isn't rediculously sensitive to oil, and carry while not as stunning as the break series, will allow some good games and tournament play.

Easy shot house hacks may or may not find a use for a ball like this, as it probably requires a decent roll to throw strings and won't outcarry any high performance gear on stand left throw right shots. The ball DOES however give a great option on shorter patterns, and tweeners that might want to get out and let outside friction generate strong angles without the ball burning up.

I will have to throw the ball on a pie shot JUST to see what it is truely capable, but for now will find a regular spot in the tournament bag to keep me in play when other gear makes it hard to get outside. If you consider yourself a solid bowler with a need for a high performance look on lighter and shorter patterns, this ball so far appears to offer that.

I'll try to get a quick video up by the end of the week.

Back
Top Bottom