900 Global Break pearl Review.

tonx

3.75 by 65 degrees. pin 2 inches from the midline. No balance hole yet. Box Finish.

Used it on a cake shot the other day (Boronia) in an Australian Open win-a-spot.

My biggest problem in tournaments is finding a shot quick enough to maximise carry. Because my spare game isn't where it needs to be at the moment, this generally results in starting off under 200. Something I can't afford to do on any shot, let alone short format cake shots.

Used it fresh out, and started 267, 245, 191, 225. The 191 was when transition hit and I left 2 untimely 2-8-10's, one of them in the tenth. After this, I switched to my pin in palm polished Break solid, moved 8 boards left at the arrows (played the banana over 22) and scored telephone numbers. Came second (which was good enough for one of the 3 spots on offer) averaging just a little over 240 for the 8 games.

Without the hole the ball it is at least 8 boards weaker than the pin in palm break solid. Haven't stuck a balance hole in it yet, as it appears to fill its "spot" perfectly in the line up.

Not that it matters for reaction purposes, but the ball is also very pleasing to the eye. ;)

got this bad boy and its really good to use shoot down 10 board and watch that backend come in nicely for a nice shot
managed to shot 205 out of the box

Drilled mine out yesterday.

Pin at leverage, an inch below the fingers, MB just inside VAL, x-hole (1" x 2") on VAL at 45 Degrees. My favourite layout. Was looking for a similar look to my old original Inferno and got just that, but with the pins kept lower and more scouts. Used it on a 40 foot top hat at the ATBSO Seiors tournie at Salisbury and shot +149 the last 4 with it.

Reads the oil line very nicely and didn't leave a 7 pin until the last 2 frames (one was a scout that missed at warp!).

Reckon it will be a great tournie ball if hit with Rough Buff cos on a real soup it will be a bit skatey in box. Then again I might wait for the S75 and do that one instead.

Also got a Break Solid to punch out. Will report on that one when I get a chance to punch that one out.

Second report on this ball.

Tonight on a flatter, higher volume pattern with carry down, a condition that pearl balls and I have never worked on. Standing 15 and playing straight up 9, the carry did not diminish at all. Any half decent release that found half pocket or better carried every time bar once, the last shot of the night. Surprising given that the ball was going too long and not really creating a huge entry angle.

I shudder to think what it would have done with a Rough Buff finish, but given the conditions, 652/3 was pretty good. I didn't really do the ball justice.

One caveat, avoid high pocket hits if you dont want to leave cold 8's and 9's. Stay around half pocket to flush and enjoy the carry and pin action.

I love my Break Pearl that much, that I now carry 2 of them...

Pin below bridge (5 by) mb at 50 degrees. 2000 Abralon tracked in.

This thing is so versatile. With the pin furthur from the pap, it retains so much energy for the pins, and as long as there is some friction out there, is my ball of choice on most patterns. Like Brenton, sometimes it hits too hard and likes to leave solid 9 pins, but a small adjustment in speed or loft gets the ball back to hitting the 1-3 from the ideal angles.

Straight out of the box, it is better suited to lower speed players with this layout, but after a short break in period, this ball becomes alive, LONG and STRONG!

Excellent piece, and i'm really looking forward to trying the s75 when it arrives next week as well. If it hits anywhere near as hard as the Break Pearl, Global will have another winner on their hands!

Back
Top Bottom