Bathurst Pitstop

jemmo

www.tenpinbathurst.com
Hi everyone,
just letting you know that Bathurst Tenpin Bowl is looking at holding the bathurst pitstop on feb 19 to 20 next year but before we put up the entry form i would just like an indication of who would be interested in bowling in it.

the cost would be around $220 - $230 to enter and about $1200 for first place based on about 48 entries.

thanks
jeremy
Bathurst Tenpin Bowl

I've been wanting to go to this tourny for a couple of years now, I will endeavour to get there in 2011, if it's going to be on :)

From my understanding there are two things going on in Sydney on that weekend.

1. NSW State Championships @ Campbelltown City Bowl
--19th: All Events, Singles, Doubles, Teams
--20th: Masters: Seniors, Restricted & Open

2. Inter-District Triples Tournament @ Tenpin City Lidcombe
--20th, still to be confirmed though...

Just letting you know...

If people don't start to support the events being put on by these centres, there will be nothing for the bowler un NSW to actually bowl in.....

Jemmo, I have 2 entries already, maybe 3.... will be in touch soon....

If there are local clashes in Feb which might affect entries, how about putting it on sometime in March?
I will go in it either way.
Thank-you for your efforts Jeremy!
Cheers
Ken

March I think would work better for all bowlers, just watch out for state league weekends. Ron Forbers would help you out with that. So I should be in.

Shaun Cummings:D

When I took over the Ballina Bowl, in 1994, and was looking for a date to run our " North Coast Challenge", for 1995,I got in touch with the ATBC to find out about their tournament calender available dates for the next year.
To my amazement, I found they didn't have this information, and, as the official sporting body for Tenpin, neither did they actually arrange the calender. It was apparently all done by tossing coins or something. Apparently we're still just as organised today.

Why was I amazed anyhow?.............Because a few years earlier I had been NSW State Manager for motor sport ( CAMS ) and OF COURSE we set the calender of events ( both State and National ). The various organisers submitted their applications for dates. First, Second and Third choices. Proper priority was given to 'traditional dates', level of event, prizemoney, etc.,etc., and the year's calender was set

Naturally, it was better for all concerned. Tournament entries per venue were up. Competitors were'nt faced with as many alternatives which they had to choose between, etc.

Generally it worked well. There were always some grumbles, of course, as someone didn't get their preferred date/s.........but.....

I tried at the time to interest the ATBC into considering a similar system, but with no result..........Maybe it's time to try again ?

It was'nt an easy job for the State boards or the National Council of CAMS, but it was worth it, and they probably still do it currently.

You can count on Dazz and I might even give a donation this year. Whatever date you do it on.

Unfortunately, if this event clashes with the NSW State Championships, then I will be bowling in the champs instead. If it is on some time in March, after 4-6 March (Kegel QLD Open @ Caboolture), then I would enter the event, as long as I don't have to bowl STBL.

I know it's tough to get entries theses days, but unfortunately, if there is a state champs, or similar tourny on at the same time, then entries will suffer.

Would love to attend in 2011. But won't be able to if in febuary. March would suit alot better for me if able.

Thanks

Daniel Coffey

Hi Guys,

Name the date and i wil throw some sponsor ship your way,

Cheers,

ADP.

I have 4 entries that i wil bring

Sounds good for myself, sure Mr Doust would tag along too.

Come and show your support for this event, it's the most fun you will have bowling all year, certainly my favourite stop of the year.

Sounds good to me too Jeremy.

I don't think there are any conflicts with that date, correct me if I am wrong?

ok then thats the date we will go for. will have entry forms out soon so march 12-13 it is. thanks guys and i hope we get a lot of support this year

Back
Top Bottom