2010 Bathurst Pitstop

Hi guys this is a proposed prize fund based on 25 Bowlers for this years Pitstop

we will cut to the top 10 bowling 9 head to head games on the sunday instead of cutting to the top 16 bowling 15 head to head games

the prize fund has been revised to the following

1st $800
2nd $600
3rd $500
4th $450
5th $400
6th $350
7th $300
8th $250
9th $150
10th $150

like i said this is a proposed prize fund based on 25 entries and if anyone has any other suggestions we welcome your ideas.
we would also like to thank those bowlers for supporting this tournament. and for those that have not put your name down and are thinking of bowling please let us know.

we need tournaments in NSW but we also need your support to ensure that they continue
thanks
Jeremy
Bathurst Tenpin Bowl

I'll be there.

Come on Sydney bowlers and Bathurst and Orange locals too! This has been a great event run by people who really make an effort. How about doing the same in return?

I urge everyone to support this great tournament.

Jason Doust

2010 Bathurst Pitstop Qualifying Squad Listing
Saturday 20th February 2010

Squad A - 9:30am Checkin 10:00am Start
1.Julie Price
2.Jeremy Hill (Pit Pass)
3.Ken McLachlan
4.Andrew Don-Patterson
5.Darryl Buttriss (Paid in Full)
6.Jason Osbourne
7.Liz Gray

Squad B - 3:00pm Checkin 3:30pm Start
1.Jason Doust
2.Chris Thomas (Pit Pass)
3.Michael Cunningham (Pit Pass)
4.Dale Fitzgerald
5.Tamika Spooner
6.Matt Riley
7.Shaun Cummings
8.Jake Tunner
9.Andrew Gallager
10. Lindsay Richards

As you can appreciate I cannot justify the expense in bowling this event if $800 is for 1st. Good luck with your event and will look out for anymore tournaments you might run in the near future.

As you can appreciate I cannot justify the expense in bowling this event if $800 is for 1st. Good luck with your event and will look out for anymore tournaments you might run in the near future.

Yes I can appreciate that travel costs etc.
However as everyone can also appreciate that without numbers we can not offer higher payouts.

Thanks for considering it anyway George

Regards
Dwayne

With another two-dropouts last night please find below proposed payout table based on 17 bowlers.

Top 10 qualifiers from Saturday to play 9 head to head matches on the Sunday

Proposed Payout (17 bowlers)
1st $800
2nd $600
3rd $500
4th $450
5th $400
6th $300

CANCELLATION OF EVENT PENDING
The event will still run based on 17 bowlers
Thanks to all bowlers who have nominated for this event unfortunately i must say that should numbers drop below the current level we will be left with no alternative but to cancel this event - appologies for any inconvience caused if the tournament is cancelled

Regards
Dwayne

OK, so I'm constantly checking on this thread and seeing the lack of interest for this event. Can someone please explain to me why this is the case? I cannot see any clashes with other events, the format is similar to the Orange tournament in April which is nearly full (already) and the independent proprietors really care about the sport of bowling in NSW. They even went as far as to change the date of the tournament because of feedback that it clashed with others on the calender.

I hope people realise that if we as bowlers do not support the Pitstop this year, it will be another tournament gone from the NSW bowling calender. We have very few "real" tournaments to bowl in as it is! I therefore urge people to come and bowl this event to keep the sport of bowling alive in NSW.

Regards
Ken McLachlan

Ken,

i think the problem we have for bathurst is possibly the sunday format, I think matchplay format, is not working that well in Australia, i think orange does so well is that is not matchplay, and have a 32 player cut for Sunday, is a lot more attractive, because it makes it easier for lesser experience bowler, make the cut on sunday, and that would be there goal for the weekend, and then have the chance to bowl and learn from the more Established bowlers, and to them would justify there cost to coming to the tournament.

it is very hard to convince people to pay $200+ for a tournament, and only the top 16 or what ever the case may be, then look at who has entered and see names like, george f, Mick little, Dousty, Sam Romeo etc, they are going why should i go to get nothing.

I am looking at running a tournament up here a little later on in the year, but i using orange open and northern open as guides for the format and costing, as these events do really well, as we have seen with Orange again this year, I think what Dwayne has done at bathurst is a great tournament, but at this current stage in Australian bowling isn't, quite the right format, for people wanting to put tournaments on we need to show all bowlers at all levels that the tournament is value for money.

I still think matchplay can work in a tournament, but there needs to be soming for the lesser experienced bowler to bowl at and if that's making the cut for the next day, well so be it, they then have confidence to bowl another tournament, not go to a tournament spend acouple of hundred dollars get smashed, stuff this i will stick to league.

Have to agree with Ken here, a lot of time and effort has gone into this event and the turn out is extremely poor. I'm not 100% convinced that the format is the issue as this format is just like the NSW grand prix series used to be, and that series was very successful for a long time.

Dwayne has spent a long time and a lot of late nights getting the pattern for the event just right. I can assure anyone attending that if you bowl the ball well you will be rewarded.

It is a great centre with awesome staff, nothing like what you will find on the national circuit.

So come on people, support the people that are supporting the sport.

See you all on the weekend,

CT

Thanks Guys,
But i can not take all the credit - there are many more people who have helped to get the event off the ground and keep it flying

Kevin Delaney, Leigh Murray, Julie, Jemmo, our staff, management, sponsors, suppliers, total bowling, computerscore and even those that collect score sheets they deserve just as much credit for their effort and assistance towards the event over the past few years (appologies if i have missed anyone)

Bathurst Pitstop is an event that is relatively new and we didn't expect that we would have the right format from the start what we did expect was that it would change each year based on feed back from bowlers until we find a format that is right for Bathurst.

It appears that payouts are our main issue this year... or is it the fact that tournaments are not as visible now that we have been asked to post all tournament correspondence in the repsective states tournament forum rather than the main state forum who knows?

Our proposed prizefund payouts this year was based on 40 bowlers simply because we only got 33 entries in 2008 (2008 payouts were based on 60 bowlers top 16 cut for match play and paying to 24th). 60 entries yes pay down further as proposed in 2008

Point taken Dave but rather than have a format exactly like Orange perhaps we could look at a top 24 matchplay - with pinfall dropped (correct me if i am wrong but its pretty hard otherwise for lower qualifiers to catch first place) I think Ken has even suggested a round robin type format. Perhaps a one day event would be better as always we are open for suggestions

Yes I agree Aldo and the team run and excellent event in Orange each year and the response to it shows just that. 23 years and still going strong, payouts better than 1 in 2 they too have gone out of thier way to support "our sport" and they deserve credit as well.

Regards
Dwayne

Dwayne,

24 person matchplay would be good, as it increases for chance of making the "the cut" even adding to that having a 3 way head to head, similar to nsw open does it.

I wouldn't copy orange format either, but use it as a guide to make your own, as like you said the its been going for 21 years so the format must work,

Just to give bowlers a heads up on the conditioner pattern so that they can get gear setup properly based on what we have seen (a guide only)

Proposed 2010 Pitstop Pattern

Lane Surface: BRUNSWICK ANVIL
Conditioner: Authority22 W22 (22Wt)
Short Buff: 37 feet oil buff to 40
Lengthwise Conditioner Taper - 3:1
Cross Lane Conditioner Ratio: approx 7:1

From experience we know that there is no way that we can lay a symmetrical cross lane conditioner pattern in this house as it burns up on the right hand side quickly. Therefore we have decided to go against “the norm” of most tournaments

In testing and during our Pit Lane Challenge it appears that the pattern allows bowlers to concentrate on making good shots rather than fighting the lane pattern. Bowlers are able to concentrate on hitting their mark and drastic moves on the approach should be minimal. We have aimed at a pattern that provides a fair opportunity for most bowling styles. On this pattern excessive speed will kill

The built-up area around 10 board between 31 and 37 feet forces bowlers out of their comfort zone for those going across the lane they need to be a little bit more accurate otherwise if they miss right ball stays right instead of recovering to the pocket. As for the stroker if they miss left there is not much chance of picking up a Brooklyn strike ball skids through and misses the pocket.

As the day transitions the lanes open up a little more and the built up area now provides the hold that we are looking for in the mid lane around game 6 to 8

Strokers
Starting Ball: Needs to run long then skid flip to get ball to pocket
Initally Balls for heavy oil / drilled to roll early may burn up and roll out before turning the corner when played "down and in" from outside 7 board may
start outside 7 if it skids through just back your speed off a bit
let the ball do the work or move closer to the gutter
move towards 10 Board as the lane breaks down

Crankers
The short buff and 3:1 lengthwise taper makes ball selection most important.
Once again most would start with skid / flip setups and perhaps migrate to rolling arcing ball as the day moves on
You may find your least reactive ball turns more than your “heavy oil" ball
If your ball skids out back the speed off or select a ball with a different layout rather than try to rip it harder

In short make sure you have a skid flip and an arcing ball in your kit, slow down and let the ball do the work. If your ball is not turning slow down don’t try to rip it harder

Finally even though the pattern has all of the above it’s really a top hat - a top hat becomes inconsistent very quickly when there is multiple bowlers bowling the same line so remember to move a board when the strike line is inconsistent

Looking forward to seeing all of you this Weekend
Regards Dwayne

Attachments

• PITSTOP_2010 Proposed.pdf
    168.5 KB · Views: 31
Updated Pitstop 2010 Squad Listing for this weekend

Updated Pitstop Squad Listing...
Welcome aboard Jason Brown

1.Julie Price
2.Jeremy Hill (Pit Pass)
3.Ken McLachlan
4.Andrew Don-Patterson
6.Jason Osbourne
7.Liz Gray
8.Jason Brown

1.Jason Doust
4.Dale Fitzgerald
5.Tamika Spooner
6.Matt Riley
7.Shaun Cummings
8.Jake Tunner
9.Andrew Gallager
10. Lindsay Richards

Regards Dwayne

1.Julie Price
2.Jeremy Hill (Pit Pass)
3.Ken McLachlan
4.Andrew Don-Patterson
6.Jason Osbourne
7.Liz Gray
8.Jason Brown
9.Andrew Gallager

1.Jason Doust
4.Dale Fitzgerald
5.Tamika Spooner
6.Matt Riley
7.Shaun Cummings
8.Jake Tunner
9. Lindsay Richards

Come on guys this is a great little tournament run by the "Independants"of bowling so lets see if we can get some more entries for this event its well worth the drive for this one.
Tournaments like this wither and die without suuport

HTML:
<table border="1" width="714" id="table1" bgcolor="#FF0000" bordercolor="#FF0000">
	<tr>
		<td colspan="2" bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#000000" style="color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana" background="../Documents/My%20Pictures/title_bg.png">
		<p align="center">
		<b>2010 Bathurst Pitstop </b><br>
		<b>Qualifying Saturday 20th February 2010 </b><br>
		<b>Match Play Final Sunday 21st February 2010</b></p></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#000000" style="color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana" colspan="2">
		<p align="center">
		<b><font color="#0000FF">Pitstop 
		2010 Pattern Preview - COMMING SOON</font></b><br>
		Many Thanks to Jason Doust <a href="http://www.bowlersedge.com.au">www.bowlersedge.com.au</a></p></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#000000" style="color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana" valign="top" >
		<div bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#000000" style="color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana" valign="top"></div>
		<b><font color="#FF0000" >Encouragement Award Sponsored By </font></b></div>
		</td>
		<td bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#000000" style="color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana">
		<div class="Section1">
			<div>
				<p><b><font color="#FF0000">Trophies Supplied By</font></b></p>
				</div>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#000000" style="color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana" valign="top" height="166" >
		&nbsp;<p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">&quot;Next Level Bowling Supply&quot;<br>
		Mt Pritchard NSW 2170.<br>
		Ph:0409570186</p>
		<p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">&nbsp;<p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">e<span style="color: #FFFFFF">mail:
		</span><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><br>
		<span style="color: #FFFFFF">web: </span><font color="#0000FF">
		<a href="http://www.strathfieldsuperbowl.com.au">www.strathfieldsuperbowl.com.au</a></font><p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">&nbsp;<p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">
		Many Thanks to
		Andrew Donn Patterson<p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">&nbsp;</td>
		<td bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#000000" style="color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana" height="166" valign="top">
				<p style="margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 2px; margin-bottom: 0">&nbsp;<p style="margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 2px; margin-bottom: 0">Ingleburn Trophies<br>
				13A Louise Ave<br> 
				Ingleburn NSW 2565<br>
				Ph: (02) 9605 1575&nbsp; Fax:(02) 9605 1582<br>
				&nbsp;<p style="margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 2px; margin-bottom: 0">web:
				<a title="http://www.ingleburntrophies.com.au/" style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; text-underline: single" href="http://www.ingleburntrophies.com.au">www.ingleburntrophies.com.au</a><p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">&nbsp;<p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">
				Many Thanks to Kathy Potts</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td style="color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana" bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#000000" width="350">
		<b><font size="4" color="#0000FF">Squad A</font> </b>
		<font color="#FF0000"><br>
		<b>9:30am Checkin - 10:00am Start</b></font><b> </b>
		<p>1.Julie Price<br>
		2.Jeremy Hill<br>
		3.Ken McLachlan <br>
		4.Andrew Don-Patterson<br>
		5.Darryl Buttriss<br>
		6.Jason Osbourne<br>
		7.Liz Gray<br>
		8.Jason Brown<br>
		9.Andrew Gallager<br>
		&nbsp;</p></td>
		<td style="color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana" bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#000000" width="348" valign="top">
		<p>
		<b>
		<font color="#0000FF" size="4">Squad B </font></b><br>
		<b><font color="#FF0000">3:00pm Checkin - 3:30pm Start</font></b></p>
		<p>1.Jason Doust<br>
		2.Chris Thomas<br>
		3.Michael Cunningham<br>
		4.Dale Fitzgerald 
		<br>
		5.Tamika Spooner <br>
		6.Matt Riley<br>
		7.Shaun Cummings<br>
		8.Jake Tunner<br>
		9. Lindsay Richards</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td style="color: #FFFFFF; font-family: Verdana" bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#000000" width="704" valign="top" colspan="2" height="46">
		<p align="center">Many thanks to total bowling for allowing us to 
		post our tournament, accept entries and post results
		<a href="http://www.totalbowling.com.au">www.totalbowling.com.au</a></td>
	</tr>
</table>

Thanks to Andrew Donn-Patterson
Andrew has kindly sponsored Pitstop 2010 with a

Next Level Bowling Supply
$200 proshop voucher
The voucher will be given as an encouragement award

Pattern Preview
Bowlers Edge
Thanks to Jason Doust from
who is working hard on getting a pattern preview

Thanks guys your support of this event is appreciated

Regards Dwayne

Re: 2010 Bathurst Pitstop Pattern Preview

Well, I finally got there! many hanks to my long suffering wife Adele for finishing and rendering the video today while I was at work.

This would have to be the fairest pattern I've seen laid in the last two years. Opportunities exist for all types of player.

Bowler's Edge Pattern Preview

I urge everyone to come and bowl this event. It's a great weekend and the hosts make the effort to make you feel right at home.

All you Sydney folks complaining about nothing to bowl in should come for a drive in the country! Get a sub for your traveling league! ;)

Wouldn't miss this for quids.

Cheers,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom