Assoc Challenge

:lol: I heard that A.G.L was lining up for Ipswich. He s also doubling as their Fashion Consultant. :p

hamster has just left the building

Thats nothing, i heard a rumour that Walter Ray Williams Jr and Dick Weber just rocked up at Ipswich for the first squad for there roll offs today and Cara and Carol are sharing the fuel bill and driving up tonight! :silly:

They reckon rumour has it that Hampson will still get Captain though! :lol: Free spring rolls all round for the Ipswich selectors!
:lol:

Just to go a bit off topic - 2 years ago the Challenge rules were revised to include a no skitching rule. Just wondering if they need to be revised again to include a no squeaking rule.

Bit difficult to describe in words GT.

It's a sort of hand slap where the top hand slides off the bottom and the top arm extends. Usually directed at your opposite number in a head to head situation, and when executed to perfection the top hand stops about 3 inches from the opponents face.

Performed mainly when returning from the foul line after a successful shot, and usually performed by Juniors at Shield level but has been known to creep into the Youth division.

Not a Nell Weir approved technique.

I was the victim of a dirty 'skitch' yesterday while bowling ...

If there wasn't a rule on this website about legal action ....

Yeah since you didnt know what a skitch was, I thought I would be the one to show you. Your lucky i didnt do the 3 lane ride on you as well.

Steve, I'm still getting over the fact that you even threw a ball you thought was good enough to ride!!! :lol: :p :wink:

Well Sean you"ll be seeing myself doing a lot of that when Gold coast plays Ipswich. :p :p :p

Hey Spanner, it was good to actually put a face to the name, For a long time i thought Spanner was Jase as well

Yeah ... it was good to have a bowl with you guys ....

Now I've been beaten by Australia's Best Bowler and Australia's Worst Bowler in the last six months .... looks like there is no room for me in the Australian Team.

Then again ... yesterday was a team game .... (it's gone very quiet in RC's corner ...)

Getting back to the original question for this topic, thought you might like to know the line-up for Rocky:

Men:

Graham Allen
Nathan Stein
Geoffrey Stevens
John Tilley
Dale Warren
Ian Weir
Michael Wooler

Women:
Leesa Bartlem
Karen Gill
Tammy Gurr
Lesley Steffen
Lisa Torrens
Teena Van Der Werff
Sue Whalan

I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate Ian Weir on bowling his first 300 game on Saturday 12th March 2005. :D Mind you, it was almost a year to the day since he bowled his 299. Congrats on making it, FINALLY Ian! (Yes, it's true we haven't had many 300 games bowled on our lanes, in fact, Ian's was the first one in almost 13 years! Before that was Rod Clark in 1989 and Arlene Stevens in 1992) So I guess if you want a real challenge (no pun intended) come bowl on our lanes. I can honestly say, most people that have bowled on our lanes, usually mutter the words "these are crap lanes" or have some kind of complaint about the 'oil' or lack of. I guess some people just don't know how to adapt :lol:

Good luck to all those lining up for this years Association Challenge
I know I'm looking forward to seeing new and familiar faces :wink:

~Tam~

Tamster said:
Getting back to the original question for this topic, thought you might like to know the line-up for Rocky:

Men:

Graham Allen
Nathan Stein
Geoffrey Stevens
John Tilley
Dale Warren
Ian Weir
Michael Wooler

Women:
Leesa Bartlem
Karen Gill
Tammy Gurr
Lesley Steffen
Lisa Torrens
Teena Van Der Werff
Sue Whalan

I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate Ian Weir on bowling his first 300 game on Saturday 12th March 2005. :D Mind you, it was almost a year to the day since he bowled his 299. Congrats on making it, FINALLY Ian! (Yes, it's true we haven't had many 300 games bowled on our lanes, in fact, Ian's was the first one in almost 13 years! Before that was Rod Clark in 1989 and Arlene Stevens in 1992) So I guess if you want a real challenge (no pun intended) come bowl on our lanes. I can honestly say, most people that have bowled on our lanes, usually mutter the words "these are crap lanes" or have some kind of complaint about the 'oil' or lack of. I guess some people just don't know how to adapt :lol:

Good luck to all those lining up for this years Association Challenge
I know I'm looking forward to seeing new and familiar faces :wink:

~Tam~
:lol:

uhhhh hmmmm... OK, now im hoping i "think" i know what im doing....

neva posted in here b4, so now as a second attempt, what i was "trying" to say IS, THE recent 300 rocky bowler, has only been bowling for almost 5yrs..........

Congrats on working it out :lol: And yeh, not bad for an almost newbie huh.

By the way, who are u? :p

Tamster said:
So I guess if you want a real challenge (no pun intended) come bowl on our lanes. I can honestly say, most people that have bowled on our lanes, usually mutter the words "these are crap lanes" or have some kind of complaint about the 'oil' or lack of. I guess some people just don't know how to adapt :lol
~Tam

I know who you are Tamster - you're John McKenna. :D

"TAMSTER McKENNA"... now that does have a nice ring to it!!!!
ha ha ha....

OH MY GOD!! :rofl: That has to be the funniest thing I've heard all week.
hmm.. perhaps I've just been here to long and the McKenna's traits are starting to confuse me. LOL
Seriously though... if I had a dollar for the amount of times I've heard people complain about our lanes/oil (or lack of), I'd have enough money to BUY a lifetime supply of oil! :lol: BUT alas, oil doesn't bother me, in the slightest. I'm no fancy hook/spin/fingertip/whatever you wanna call em bowlers.. I'm just a plain ol' simple back up bowler, inconsistant at times, but I bowl for the fun of it.
Mind you, I'm not all that innocent either. I have complained about my ball being chewed up down the back or near the ball return.. that really sucks! :x And I can honestly say, without a doubt, complaints will fall upon deaf ears, so it's a no win situation.
Oh, while i'm at it, the McKennas are now certain there is NOTHING wrong with our lanes, because if Ian can bowl a 300... they MUST be working!! :lol:

Now... just who IS this 'Another Rocky Bowler' hmm?

oh yeh.. and thanks Andrew.. i'll remember that 'compliment' :wink: lol

Back
Top Bottom