Assoc Challenge

Jase

Admin
Staff member
On a serious note who is in what team this year for assoc challenge?

Jase

(AKA CAptain Free Hook)

I heard a that the Gold coast will be increasing the size of thier association to include N.S.W., North QLD and anyome else who happens to bowl in Aust :D :D :D

Must be hard to make a team from only one centre :lol:

Oh thats right, thats what Caboolture, Rocky, Bundy, Harvey Bay, Ipswich have to do...

Shayne Melton said:
I heard a that the Gold coast will be increasing the size of thier association to include N.S.W., North QLD and anyome else who happens to bowl in Aust :D :D :D

Must be hard to make a team from only one centre :lol:

Oh thats right, thats what Caboolture, Rocky, Bundy, Harvey Bay, Ipswich have to do...
Shane have you always been a wanker or did you just wake up this morning and decide!

We haven't done anything wrong by the rules and if Andrew , myself or anyone for that matter in our team bowled in a league at Caboolture then I am sure you wouldn't be making these comments if we made the Caboolture side would you????

Oh yeah that’s right you would be because if we made that team then you wouldn't have!!!!

So let’s just move on and post the teams like first asked and hopefully it will be a fun weekend had by all.

Jase
(AKA Captain Free Hook)

Actually the Gold Coast lost 2 centres - Labrador and Nerang - and added only one - Mt Warren.

So on seasonally adjusted figures we are actually disadvantaged...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry Jase I didn't wan't to make you cry :lol:

The Caboolture team in the order we qualified.......
Mens Team.....

Darryl Allford
Shayne Melton
Tony Hamilton
Sid Ciancio
Sir Phil Wilkinson
Mark Sheehan

Womans Team....

Linda Green
Alicia Meads
Bec Meads
Amanda Frost
Wendy Frost
Michelle Fraser

All of these bowlers bowl in Caboolture and have been for at least two years and bowled in the required in house events as required by C.T.B.A.

Oh yeah that’s right you would be because if we made that team then you wouldn't have!!!!

So sure of ourself aren't we Jase..........lets hope your purple patch is running in June. :twisted:

hmmmm...................some observations.....

One would think that if Jason & Andrew were inelligible to make the Gold Coast asscociation team then the state association would have gotten involved and excluded them from the team or prevented them from rolling off, I dont believe this was the case.

I would have also thought that should the Gold Coast association have had a caveat over the qualifying period (the same as the caboolture association in terms of years bowled in the relevant association's leagues) then the bowlers concerned would have been advised that they were inelligible to roll off for the team, by the looks of this, again, this I dont believe this is the case.

I dont believe that the current rules governing the association teams say that you have to live in the area that you represent, only that you bowl a sanctioned league in one of that associations centres. Please advise me if I am mistaken here, as I dont believe I am.

In short it appears to this humble observer that since Mt Warren is now part of the Gold Coast association that anyone that bowls a sanctioned league at Mt Warren is elligible to make the Gold Coast team, regardless of where they bowled last year, or what ever other asscociation's leagues they currently bowl in. Again if this is not the case - then please explain to me why - because for the life of me I cant see what the problem is with these 2 guys bowling for the association of their choice. I mean they fit all the necessary requirements to bowl in the associations team isn't that all they need to do ? Do they need to take a blood test to bowl for the GC team???....Do they need to move house to bowl for the GC team ???....Do they need not to bowl in any other association's leagues than the Mt Warren league ?????

Please tell me what the problem is as I cant for the life of me see that there is one. :?

Must be an outbreak of Foot in MOUTH disease down that way.

The 9 other Associations haven't had to try too hard the last 2 years, ANDY.

Hamster 2 Andy 0

Remember things happen in threes.

Right, now the shits over, answer to your ? GT " Man of Mystery".

Assoc Challange is played on the Queen's Birthday Week-end between 10 associations: Gold Coast, Brisbane, Ipswich, Towoomba, Caboolture, Sunshine Coast,Hervey Bay,Kingaroy, Bundaberg and last year Champs, Rocky.

Played the sameway as Rachuig in the points department.
Gold Coast and Brisbane are usually in the running most years. Should be interesting when they clash again this year!!!!!!

DB3 "STILL THERE DB2" OUT :p :p :p
hamster
gerbil
tweedldum
aka tony hamilton

Shayne I like the way you posted in order of the way you qualified. Is that to try and get the opposition shacking at their knees? hahahahaha

I heard you only ended up 2nd because you were the only one that bowled the last game.

Just to clear things up for everyone Shayne.....where else does Andrew bowl league other than on the Gold Coast?

Shayne bring your money to Mt Warren tomorrow night. I'd love to see you there. Oh that's right.....was it the last tourney at Mt Warren you walked out of or was that Redcliffe?

Shayne Melton said:
I'm sorry Jase I didn't wan't to make you cry

No fear of that Shayne the only way you would make me cry is if i started to average what you do every time i went to a tournament!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps you should put up an add for a coach in the coaches section!!!!!!!!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
Or maybe you should check out a few rules before shooting off at the mouth!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Shayne Melton said:
All of these bowlers bowl in Caboolture and have been for at least two years and bowled in the required in house events as required by C.T.B.A.

I am so pleased for you all,i never have asked any questions about your team' we just go about doing our own thing!!!!! We will try and win this on the lanes mate not try and get associations ripping teams apart.We must have you a little worried about us winning ??????????

Nothing like have a bit of self doubt before we start Shayne :cry: :cry: :cry:

Shayne Melton said:
So sure of ourself aren't we Jase..........lets hope your purple patch is running in June. :twisted:

Mate even without my purple patch i know your scores wont worry me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and by the way Shayne i think the boy's up there want their oranges cut into nice little eighths :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't of said it better myself Dale, well put mate.....

Jase
(AKA Captain Free Hook)

Just to clarify one point. The State Association (TBAQ) was asked about making Mt Warren part of the Gold Coast.

(Mt Warren actually comes under the jurisdiction of the Gold Coast Council for local governance)

The State Association was 100% in favour of this move pointing out that it would give more bowlers the opportunity to roll-off and represent.

I also consulted Errol Pieper and he was quite happy with Mt Warren coming in as part of the Gold Coast.

Incidentally, Mt Warren Juniors are also involved with the Gold Coast Juniors in local regional events. :D

DaleS said:
I would have also thought that should the Gold Coast association have had a caveat over the qualifying period (the same as the caboolture association in terms of years bowled in the relevant association's leagues) then the bowlers concerned would have been advised that they were inelligible to roll off for the team, by the looks of this, again, this I dont believe this is the case.

You are right again Dale.
The Gold Coast has never restricted eligibility or imposed additional local rules for the Challenge roll-off. We might be good but we're not elitist.

Why such a drama about who bowls where? Accept things as they are and play what's in front of you. If you're intimidated that easily then you're in the wrong sport. :roll:

i can't believe how something like the assoc. challenge could get people so fired up, really guys just sit back and read some of the crap you have posted then realise it's only a bowling tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at Mt Warren last night for the skins talking to a few people, and I was told one of the male bowlers may be pulling out.And a little bird told me that George may be taking his place.That would make this gold coast team complete with a lefty in it.
I am just not sure how he can fit in...I guess a coach can have many tricks up his sleeve. :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom