Any interest for a sports series in Vic?

Sports, PBA, Mix or None?

• Total voters

tonx

Seems to be working in QLD and NSW, so what about down here?

I'm thinking either a sports or a PBA experience series could be popular, would a low cost series be something you would bowl in?

Vote now!

For us "out of towners" it depends on when, where and how often but yes; definitely interested

Would be love to see something like this started in Vic, be nice to bowl a tournament or event thats not on a house shot!

PBA Experience league would be good, depends on when and where though...

anyone who voted for option 4 is soft

i'll be in, as long as the prize fund isn't top heavy, this is more about challenging the bowlers, not profitting from the ones who struggle on the condition

Without being negative, i think we need to find some "good samaritan " sponsors like Jase of Totalbowling and Max from BBA for tournaments in Victoria to survive. I totally agree with Craig that the prize fund payout should be more balanced so the not so "Elite" bowlers like us would support them ;)
I also feel this is one of the reason why the numbers are down at our tournaments because the Elite bowlers always cash out and the not so good are there just to make the numbers.
As for sports series in Victoria, lets get sponsors first...if not this will die too :(
Alex

A sponser would be great and I would gladly endorse and support anybody who elected to provide sponsership to Tenpin bowling in this country but a series like this should not be about money.
I believe that the key to a successful sports series is to figure out how much bowlers are prepared to pay to bowl on a condition that will challenge their skills, make them think a little more and at the end of the day make them better/smarter bowlers.
I'd be happy to pay $70 or $80 to bowl ten games if I felt I was learning a little more about my bowling, even if it was highlighting deficiencies in my game
Graeme

The idea of a sport series is VIC is great, the QLD & NSW sport series are working well. The chance for bowlers to get much needed practice on sport conditions is a big plus for everyone & the sport.

As the Australian Distributor for Ebonite, Robby's, Etonic & Turbo Grips. I'm sure we could work something out with the organisers.

Send me a PM or call me 0401 154 999 and we can discuss everything.

We would love to support this event.

Thanks,

Andrew C

I saw the details on the NSW sport series and that looked good. If we can get that in VIC and get the required numbers that would be awesome to start with.

I would be interested. Should be good fun.

Vi

Sounds like a great idea Tonx, I would definently be participating in it

It would be good to see it get off the ground

As for you Alex, I couldn't let you go without a 25 pin head start on me mate :p

Nick

Sounds like a great idea Tonx, I would definently be participating in it
It would be good to see it get off the ground
As for you Alex, I couldn't let you go without a 25 pin head start on me mate :p
Nick
Hey Nick,
I pre bowled a 169 game last night. Watch out for my handicap when i bowl against you mate ;)
The lanes were too dry for my plastic ball :mrgreen:
Alex

Yes, i'd be very interested in this as well.
Depending on when & where of course.
My game needs the practice on sports shots & would relish
the opportunity to improve in this area.

Regards,

Darren.

Isn't there a Sports conditon League running at Mentone already?????????

Why not ask and see if you can adapt into this league your series

Hey Tonx,

If this series gets started, I'd be interested in helping out with developing the oil patterns.

In our Sport Bowling League at Mentone, Steve Arundell and I have come up with very challenging sport bowling oil patterns and have also used Official PBA oil patterns to test accuracy and consistency. So far this year, no one is average 200 (similar to the last 2 years) and everyone is enjoying the challenge (at least most people are anyway). They experience less frustration partly because they KNOW they are being tested and know they have to make accurate and consistent shots. Knowing that it will be a tough shot helps the bowlers go in with the mindset that spares are crucial to score well and strikes are at a premium.

Again, I'll be happy to share some of the oil patterns we have developed if this gets started.

Cheers,
Chris
Sport Bowling League Coordinator (Mentone Bowl, Monday nights)

Back
Top Bottom