Sports series

allenj

Hi all.

Is it time to consider either a sports or a PBA type series in WA, would a low cost series be something you would bowl in?

allenj

Seriously, enough is enough, this is pathetic. Look up the meaning of SLANDER, .......... Its time to back off.

GREAT IDEA ALLEN - W.A REALLY NEEDS SOME TOURNAMENTS LIKE THIS TO PREPARE THE COMPTITIVE BOWLERS FOR THEIR VISITS TO THE EAST COAST FOR RACHUIG/SHEILD AND OTHER MAJORS LIKE THE MELBOURNE CUP. IT IS A PITY OTHER CENTER MANAGEMENT DON'T HAVE YOUR VISION OF BOWLING IN W.A AND GET OF THEIR ASS AND WORK WITH YOU.
IT IS A SHAME THAT SOME OF THE SO CALLED BETTER BOWLERS (THAT CAN ONLY BOWL WELL IN THEIR OWN COMFORT ZONE AND ARE SCARED TO TRY OTHER CENTRES) DO NOT COME WITH BETTER MANNERS AND ARE QUICK TO BAG FORWARD THINK PEOPLE IN THIS GREAT SPORT OF TENPIN THEY SHUOLD LET BUYGONES BE BUYGONES FOR THE SAKE OF OUR GAME - NO WONDER THE STATES CAN'T FILL REPRESENTATIVE TEAMS.
HOPE YOU CAN GET IT OFF THE GROUND

KJ

Nice Idea

Definately need more than centre. Im trying to get cannington to lay out some PBA patterns for our states elite to practise on and possibly hold some tournaments there and at other centres on these patterns.

Id bowl it most definately provided it wasnt always at the same 1 or 2 centres.

Matt Watson

Hi all.

There have been several attempts over the past years to hold sport and tournament series. Not long after we purchased our Kegel machine, we obtained some patterns and formats that had been successfully used in other states, the WA bowlers were not too interested at the time.
Fairlanes purchased the second Kegel machine in WA, we had some discussions with the Management at Fairlanes, about implementing a sport type series, and again there was a lack of interest by the bowlers.

There was a gentleman who addressed TBAWA regarding implementing a sport type series. I had a great deal of respect for the young man as is not easy to make a presentation to a State association. There was considerable discussion by the State association Members. I suggested that he come out to our centre to discuss sponsorships, lineage etc with us. Again through lack of interest that series never got underway either.

Our centre has always supported the concept of sport series, and sport type bowling. We have a modified tournament pattern as our house pattern.
Sports science is becoming more of a part of coaching, and training. We purchased a motion analysis system. The system is recommended by the TBA Tenpin Coaches network. We have made this resource available to coaches, and bowlers.

allenj

Hi.
Sport bowling is basically a league, or series of tournaments based on a 2 to 1, or a 3 to 1 ratio of lane conditioner (oil). The conditioning pattern is usually a bit tighter than a standard house pattern, and greater accuracy and technique is required by the bowler.
others may wish to comment
allenj

sign me up.... when and where??? i am a newbie in wa and i have talked to people in the centres and read posts on this site. its amazing to me that people are screaming for tourneys over here but want to be selective about where. a good bowler or " elite " bowler shouldnt be scared about where the event is held if they are in fact that good. adapting to lane conditions is part of the game. do we all really want to bowl on ditches? personally i dont. its great to bowl big games but wouldnt you prefer a challenge? just my 2 cents and again sign me up. dont care where...

To set up a sport series, or league. We would need to arrange a meeting with all interested bowlers, to discuss conditioninmg patterns, time frames, frequency, lineage costs, prize funds, etc etc
allenj

Allen, if u name the time and place, ill be there to support this, the only thing a sport series can do for any bowloer is make them better, im in!

Matt

AllenJ;

Definitely speak to Tonx, Jase or Stephen C... If we can get each State Series as a unified Format + Structure i believe it will give everyone the same competitive edge... Not only that, it works, must be a good formula.

Thanks

Lindsay Kilpatrick

a meeting can be organised at any centre, a tuesday or thursday evening would be better for me. I bowl monday night, and friday morning.
cheers
allenj

pm me or let me know over the forum where and if the meeting takes place and i will be more than happy to help where i can. i bowl at craigie on thursday nights so i cant do it then. c'mon wa bowlers, here is the chance to get a tourney scene happening here. i wrote in a post not long ago that if people really want a tournament scene in wa that " us " bowlers need to either put up or shut up.......... whats it gonna be guys???

dont let personal little battles get in the way of us getting a tourney scene happening. can only be good for the sport. dont bag people or centres for putting up suggestions or ideas for getting a scene happening, if we put the suggestions and ideas down they will just stop and the "elite" bowlers will only be "elite" in wa because they wont have had any tournament condition experience.

hope it makes sense and i hope that we all get behind it. i, personally, would prefer a p.b.a. style of tournament.

I suggest Tuesday 22 May 7:00 pm Kelmscott Tenpin Bowl.

please reply if you are coming so we can arrange chairs and such.

Ian Jones
Kelmscott Tenpin Bowl
265 Railway Ave Kelmscott 6111

works for me. count me in but i dont know how to get to kemscott so i may be a little late.

Hi
Was speaking with a manager from another centre, regarding the series. he indicated that his lane machine should be able to lay out a sport pattern, he will be checking with the centre mechanics. if his lane machine is able to lay out the patterns that would give us potentially 3 centres, would be enough to run a series
If we can get enough bowlers interested in a series we may be able to obtain a competitive game rates from the managers, thus increasing potential prize funds.
allenj

I have had a couple of requests regarding the identity of the gentleman who tried to get a series up and running a couple of years ago.
When he addressed the State Association was the first time I met the man. The second time I met him was when he rolled off in a State Team trial a couple of years later, we were complimented by the bowlers on the lane conditions on the day.
at this stage I wont name him but he will know who he is, maybe he would like to comment
allenj

Back
Top Bottom