Sports series

This will be a great start if W.A can organise and commence a sports series. Please also try to get NTPA board members for your state aswell consisting of 2 adult males, 2 adult females, 1 youth bowler.

Cheers,
Christian

There are 2 kegel lane machines in WA, Cannington, and Kelmscott. The other centre manager is checking to see if his machine is capable of applying a sport pattern ratio.
The Kegel machines are capable of applying almost any conditioner (oil) pattern currently available.
Whether the conditioning patterns are rated as good or bad, I suppose that is up to the individual bowlers. Some bowlers say that a particular pattern is great while other bowlers may hate it.

A sport type pattern will always be challenging for a bowler.
allenj

so is the meeting at kelmscott still on for tomorow night at 7pm. is there any interest in getting a commitee of sorts organised? who else will be there?

it does not seem so that the meeting is on tomorrow, does not seem like anyone else is comming. unless that changes in today.

Ian most of the bowlers who would be interested in coming along to the Sports Series meeting have league tomorrow night, as well as Thursday nights also.

Maybe try organising a trial tournament and getting everyone in one spot at one time for the sport series meeting?

Might be easier that way? Or if you want you could always hold it after the Cashed Up Cup?

after cashed up would be a good idea but for the fact that people will be tired especially if they have played matchplay. no-one wants to sit in a meeting after playing a possible 21 games.

trial tournament would be a better idea i think.

if there is a trial tourney, count me in.

BJ, the idea of holding it after cashed up cup, is a good one, I will email Matt, and see if we can get the meeting room after the tournament.

See what everyone else thinks as well.

Ian

The idea of a sports series seems to be gathering interest lets see if we can keep the interest going to get a series up and running as i said in earlier post there may be at least 3 centres that can hold a series so we need to try and get more bowlers and centres interested to make a series happen.Including the country centres of Kalgoorlie, Albany, Geraldton, Bunbury, there are 13 centres in WA.
There is also a lot of interest in other states to get a national sports series.
allenj

You cannot clog the year up with tournaments. National Tournament Players Association (NTPA) will be an organisation to help TBA re-structure the tournament program and to promote tenpin bowling as a sport. With WA not having alot of travelling bowlers to interstate tournaments you could hold one once a month, every 2nd month is possibly be a better idea.

We need members from your state to work with us. One person is already interested, we 4 more members including a youth bowler.

email me if your interested - [email protected]

Regards,
Christian

The idea of a sports series seems to be gathering interest lets see if we can keep the interest going to get a series up and running as i said in earlier post there may be at least 3 centres that can hold a series so we need to try and get more bowlers and centres interested to make a series happen.Including the country centres of Kalgoorlie, Albany, Geraldton, Bunbury, there are 13 centres in WA.
There is also a lot of interest in other states to get a national sports series.
allenj

Its just a pity that Kalgoorlie has closed and that Geraldton isnt a TBA sanctioned centre.

Although if I'm wrong please correct me :confused:

You cannot clog the year up with tournaments. National Tournament Players Association (NTPA) will be an organisation to help TBA re-structure the tournament program and to promote tenpin bowling as a sport. With WA not having alot of travelling bowlers to interstate tournaments you could hold one once a month, every 2nd month is possibly be a better idea.

We need members from your state to work with us. One person is already interested, we 4 more members including a youth bowler.

email me if your interested - [email protected]

Regards,
Christian
Give me some Tournament info, and I may very well be able and willing to travel to NSW, on the count Katie Stuart will be there, its time to kick her arse again, ha,ha no seriously send me some info and i'll do my best to distribute it,

The unregistered centres in Wa might be persuaded to become TBA members if they have the bowlers interested in a sport type series, and they can have a sport series tournament at their centre.
allenj

edited entry form use this one please

Ian

Attachments

• W A Sports Series.pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 21
before people ask, yes you can post your entries here. Please Pm any TBA numbers to either Ian or Myself.

Matt Watson

Back
Top Bottom