An Open Letter To S.A. Re: Airing Our Dirty Laundry

Brenton_Davy

900Global bowler
I have had it UP TO HERE!!!!!!!! with all the infighting that goes on in here. South Australia is a laughing stock around Australia because of the way all the dirty laundry is aired for the entire bowling world to see. It is totally counterproductive and is harming our reputation in competitive bowling circles and quite frankly I am embarrassed with the way SA is portrayed as a result.

I remember a time when SA was a feared opponent in interstate competition because we always pulled together as a team and even if we didnt necessarily like each other we could at least bury the hatchet (and NOT between each others shoulder blades!!!!) while away and support each other, however the stigma that is now attached to this state has overshadowed any previous achievements.

I do not for one minute say that this type of thing doesnt go on interstate. Indeed where egoes are involved in sport (and they are always at the elite level) this type of thing wil occur, however the other states seem to manage to keep it all "in house" instead of telling the whole world and turning the sport into a soap opera. I know that at least 2 of the protagonists are customers of mine and I may well be jeopardising that custom, but enough is enough.

All I ask is that this stops now before other players become as fed up as I have become and decide that there are better things to do with their time than bowling.

I hope this is the last post required on this subject and people that have problems with other people can at least confine the vitriole to less public forums and maybe we can get on with bowling and rebuilding our reputation.

Hahahaha good ol' South Australians........ they never change

Who can say South Australia is a boring state to live in???........

Well said, Brenton, I couldnt agree more.

If someone has a problem with someone else, on a personal level, why not have it with them face to face.

Lets not have any more garbage on this site.

Back
Top Bottom