The SA Adult Circuit is coming to Mt Gambier!

dbcrow

Brookso
Hi,

On the weekend of September 20 and 21, the Adult Circuit is coming to Mt Gambier.

For those who don't know - the SA Adult Circuit is very similar to the Sports Series circuits held in other states.

The main tournament will be held on Sunday 21 September, and will consist of 6 qualifying games in both Open and Graded divisions, with a final to be bowled in the Open divisions for both Men and Women.

In addition, for each of the six qualifying games, a $60 skin will be awarded to the bowler with the highest scratch game.

Cost of entry is $85 for Open bowlers and $60 for Graded.

There is usually a $10 annual registration fee, but this will be waived for bowlers residing in Mt Gambier or other regional areas.

Given Mt Gambier's proximity to the Victorian border, we would welcome interstate competition as well.

For those looking to travel from Adelaide, we are looking at potentially hiring a mini-bus to get people down there. Let me know if you're keen on taking this up.

For entry details and to register your interest, visit the TenpinSA website at:

http://www.tenpin.org.au/index.php?id=985

If you have any questions, please PM me directly or reply to this thread.

David Brooks.

Good prize money for this tournament. If we get a few entries for this tournament , there may be increase prize money via sponsorship. put your entries down here and i will pass them on!

Attachments

• Mount Gambier Entry form copy.pdf
    466.1 KB · Views: 25
Whilst we probably didn't get the numbers we were hoping for, the support and help that we got from the staff at Mt Gambier City Bowl was fantastic.

David even gave us free bowling - meaning that 100% of the entry fee went into the prize fund.

First prize for the Men's Open winner was $500
First prize for the Ladies Open winner was $340
Frist prize for the Graded Men's winner was $180

I know that everybody I spoke to enjoyed the event. Bowling on wood lanes was a first for some people, but for people like me, it was a step back in time. Conditions weren't easy - but that is the whole premise behind the Adult Circuit.

Tougher conditions out on the lanes make you better. Having a target of 5 boards doesn't help your game one bit.

This was the last stand-alone event in the Adult Circuit calendar for 2014. The final event will be incorporated within the SA Cup, to be held in early November.

Back
Top Bottom