An appropriate drilling / ball

Fitzy

Underpaid
Hi all,
I tend to bowl with only ebonite gear not by stubbornness, just because I know how they roll. The drilling I have (I am told) is conventional ??? dunno. I have also been told I am a full roller (? not sure what that means either ?). I do know that the ball I bowl tends to go down fairly long and hook fairly hard on dry-medium lanes. Where I have a problem however is on heavy lanes. I have noticed that (if I manage to get it in the pocket) the ball does not manage to have the "hitting power".
What I am asking (apart from explanations of some of the terms above) is should I have a ball drilled to turn earlier on the lane (rather than going long and hard)? drill for an angular roll? or is the most appropriate drilling the way I have it?? Am I looking at a different ball rather than drilling?? or change the way I bowl??
P.S. I tend to bowl across the lane, I stand very much to the left, going across the middle arrow, and getting out to between 10 - 15 board.
Hope this makes sense.
Rhyss.

Rhyss,

Mate I highly recommend you get in contact with Cameron Walsh in Ballina…

You can contact him through this site via his wife Emma who is a member …

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/member.php?u=4342

Either Jason or Cameron are often in Brisbane whether it be for the Sport Series or Scratch Tournaments that run up here…I know they will be up in August for the Western Open at Richlands and you could Catch up with him there…

Ballina isn’t that far to travel either and he will always meet you there at the bowl…He knows his stuff and really knows how to lay out a Ball for any style or roll…

Very approachable and I highly recommend him…Lets face it he Lay's Jason’s balls out and look how good they make him look…:p :p :p

Back
Top Bottom