Help needed on drilling of bowling ball

L

LIZ

Hi

I was just wondering if some ppl could help me out. I have a red sparkle predator and it has been drilled 3 times. The first time it was drilled was drilled wrong; it was drilled for a left haneder and i'm a right hander. The second time i got someone else to drill it and it was drilled and then i had it pluged and it was drilled for fingertip bowling.
Ever since it was drilled last i have been having trouble, i have been getting sores on my thumb and it even starts to rip the skin after only three games and i was told the other day that the person who drilled by ball last had drilled quite a few ppls balls wrong!
I was just wondering if ppl think i should get the ball checked out to see if it too is drilled wrong or do they think its just the way i am bowling my shot that is causing sores on my thumb and ripping the skin?

I would thank ppl very much if they could let me kno of their opinion
Thanks very much

Liz, find someone to have a look at your ball, if you are bowling fingertip than I presume you have been bowling for quite a while and you bowl with people who also have fingertip, so ask around for another ball driller. This will tell you if it is the ball drillers fault or if you are the problem.

There is a lot of bad ball drillers out there, all AMF Assistant Managers and Managers are required to drill balls as part of thier jobs, but unfortunately they are not trained properly, so they don't know they are making mistakes, not enough experience, ball drilling is an Art.

willey.

Thanks willey,
i appreciate your advice very much. And by the way your presumptions were right i have been bowling for a few years like 8 to be correct. And just to let you kno i think you are right about the amf managers and assistant managers coz the first time i got this ball drilled and was wrong was by an amf manager, and the last time i got it drilled was by another amf manager.
Thanks for your advice

Liz

LIZ said:
Ever since it was drilled last i have been having trouble, i have been getting sores on my thumb and it even starts to rip the skin after only three games and i was told the other day that the person who drilled by ball last had drilled quite a few ppls balls wrong!

The same symptoms can occur when the thumb is bent inside the thumb hole. Ensure your technique is correct before blaming the ball driller. Just because others say he is bad doesn't necessarily make it so. Otherwise the pitch is incorrect and therefore the driller deserves a rocket up his backside.

Good luck Liz.

Back
Top Bottom