Ball Drilling Question

M

MoJo

I just won a Hammer Razor Berry bowling ball on ebay. When it comes in I am looking to getting it drilled. Is there a certain drilling that would be a good fit for this ball?

I was going to go with a finger tip grip with sleeves and slug. Didn't know if there were a different setup that may be better for this ball.

I bowled for 7 years and quit when I started college. I'm just now getting back into bowling and want to know how good this ball is.

Thanks!

I have not heard of the ball either.
your question is unclear, do u want to know the suggestion for the layout drilling of the ball? or if you want it finger tip or not...

In regards to it being finger tip or not that is totally up to you as this is a personal preference, but if you are only a beginner bowler then fingertip may be a little harder to control. (eventually most people bowl fingertip to ad more revs/leverage to the ball

In regards to the layout, ask the proshop operator in your area as they have probably seen you bowl and know what drilling may suit your house coniditions/shot/ball.

Hope this helps

Heh Sorry.

I was talking about the angle or layout of the drill. I know some people get a different thumb hole angle on their ball. More to the left or right. Didn't know if it would make much difference.

BTW...sorry about my sig.

The Berry Razor was a great ball...... about 8-9 years ago.

Would only really be suited to drier lanes now, but would be good for someone like yourself just picking up the game again

338-1.jpg

338-c.jpg

androooo said:
The Berry Razor was a great ball...... about 8-9 years ago.

Would only really be suited to drier lanes now, but would be good for someone like yourself just picking up the game again

Thats good to hear. I knew about the ball a while ago while I was bowling. I have noticed that the balls have changed....lol. :shock:

BTW....any recomendations out of these balls. I'm joing a have a ball league and I'm tryin to see what ball would be good to pick from.

I'm looking for something with a lot of hook.

Brunswick Target Zone - $10 a week

Brunswick Power Groove - $11 a week
Storm Big hit

Brunswick Monster Bruiser - 12.50 a week
Strom Banshee

Brunswick Ultimate INferno - 15.25
Storm XXX Banshee

GO STORM...

The pitches of the holes are up to you and your ball driller, straight forward pitches are good starting point, but the best way to experiment with thumb pitches is to get a really old/second hand ball and trial to where it feel comfy. (should be able to pick one up from someone for a very small amount of cash)

Androo...
how come i couldn't find it on any of the ball review sites? even tho they have discontinued balls.

Thanks a lot Guys! :D

Your help is much appreciated. I can't wait to get my new ball and get it rolling again!

BTW...Which Storm would be better?

Since the ball I ordered is better in dryer conditions which might be better in wetter conditions?

Thanks again.

Better ball for wetter conditions would be the Ultimate Inferno, followed by the Monster Bruiser

androooo said:
Better ball for wetter conditions would be the Ultimate Inferno, followed by the Monster Bruiser

I was thinking about going with the Monster Bruiser.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Go the xxxtreme...

but i spose with the range that you gave me the bruiser woul probably suit your game.

Either that or get a storm big hit particle... they are the agressive entry level ball

tonx said:
Go the xxxtreme...

but i spose with the range that you gave me the bruiser woul probably suit your game.

Either that or get a storm big hit particle... they are the agressive entry level ball

Yeah...I've been tossing the idea back and forth as far as the Monster brusier or the Big hit. I believe it is the particle that they are giving away. Tought decision.

Right now I throw a purple hammer ball finger tip grip with the rubber sleeves and slug. I love it. I'm going to drill my new one the exact same way.

Actually was looking at the bowling ball review site posted. I may go with the Ultimate inferno. Nothing but good reviews. :)

I think I may have found my ball.

Back
Top Bottom