ball drilling

S

sphiz

Hey everyone

I am kind of new to bowling, only just started last year. I know a little about ball drilling but not alot. I currently have a ball, but am looking to widen my ball arsenal. But before I do i would like to learn a little about the drilling of the balls. So i can choose which balls i need to get and how i want them to be drilled.

For example when a bowler states they drilled there ball 3 3/8 x 3 3/8, what does this actually mean

I would be greatful for any input, and would appreciate anybody who took time to answer my question

your best bet is to ask your nearest pro-shop operator as they have done the courses to know all the jargon. They are also the best person to ask in regards to how should the balls be drilled. Just tell them if you want something to hook in oil, go long and hard, or a tamer drilling.

Please keep in mind drilling is only a small part of a balls reaction, and the coverstock(surface) is the #1 factor in how a ball reacts. Best bet if starting out is to get 1polished ball and 1 dull ball, and perhaps drill them tame.

Hope this sorta helps... :)

i see your laocation is sunshine coast, now if that is the one in qld, then your best bet is to see brando, he works at the bowl up there, and this guy knows what hes talking about

3 3/8 x 3 3/8 just means that both the Pin and the CG are placed 3 3/8 inches away from your PAP. (on average your PAP will be 5.25 inched to the right of your grip center, and 0.5 inches up - right handed drilling)

i think this drilling will cause the ball to roll up early and agressively and i think it is one of the most agressive drillings you can have on the ball... also by having the CG and the Pin an equal distance from the PAP gives the ball a certain level of control... but it all depends on the distance of your PAP from the center of your Grip...

thats what i think anyway, hope it helps ya...

Back
Top Bottom