AMF Dandenong Dunn Shield Teams 2004

Will be good to catch up with you & Linda again on Saturday.

I'm glad that Rachuig wont interfere with Dunnshield this year, it was disappointing last year when I had to pull out of the Dunnshield team.

Good Luck to you for your Dunnshield Trials also.

See you Saturday :D

and I thought the Country Cup threads were out of hand. :wink:

not sure what it is all about but very deep Mark, very deep :)
On that note please forgive me my nonsense as I also forgive the nonsense of those who think they talk sense.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

I have chose what I believe to be the right path. I hope everyone else can do the same for the better of the Sport, and more importantly friendships.

so is Dunn Shield the city equivalent to Country Cup??

Rob

Hi Rob,

Having been involved in both the answer is Yes in all aspects.

Country Cup is great even though I've only made it once (Colac) but I consider Dunn Shield to be the best team event in the State and have been lucky enough to bowl it twice. Hopefully I'll make it again this year.

Graeme

To Mark, you are right, I read all the posts yesterday and obviously read more into it than I should have. I apologise for going off the deep end. I didn't really think too hard about what I wrote, and just posted it without worrying about anybody's feelings except mine. I don't think I will do this again as I have usually always spoken face to face with people when I have a problem. Once again I apologise for being a nuffy.

STEVE.

Thankyou Steve,

I appreciate your quick reply on this matter.

Hopefully now we can get things back on track

see you Thursday.

Mark.

Rob,

Having never bowled country cup myself I can only suggest that Dunnshield would probably be the closest event to country Cup out there. Runs a little like Rachuig although each team member must bowl at least 7 games within the first 10 games bowled. It is competed between all AMF centres in Melbourne with couple of invitational which have been teams in the past like Melton, Ballarat etc.

Unfortunately this site can cause problems to get out of hand and its a little tricky for others to follow if they are not in the know. That is why I wrote some deep and meaningfuls as a few incidents have taken place over the last 6 months and my only concern was to nip them all in the bud before things became un-repairable. Nothing is out of our control.

Hello everyone,

I would like to say a big thank you to all the support I have received over the last two days, it has been a great boost for me knowing that there has been so many nice comments made about me making the Dandenong Dunn Sheild side this year.

I have been trying so hard over the last six months to improve my game as I have only been bowling for about 2 years seriously now, I was happy to actually have the confidence to try out for the sheild side and then to actually bowl so well to get into the side has just been the highlight of my year for bowling.

I would like to thank the other 6 ladies who have made it into the side this year as they were so happy for me that I had made the side, I will make sure that I try my best on the weekend and have a great time with all my team mates.

I would also like to thank the 7 male bowlers in the team as they were all also very happy and supportive for me as this is my first year of being in the Dandenong side.

It should be a great weekend for me as I actually first started bowling at Frankston back when I was 14. I haven't seen a lot of the bowlers from Frankston and can't wait to catch up with them on the weekend.

For all of you that now know I am actually pregnant, our baby is expected around the 24th of October so we will be able to bring our baby down to the bowl on that weekend.

I would just like to say a final thank you to all the kind people out there who have been so supportive to me especially my husband Mark who has been helping me to improve my game.

Take care and I will see you all on the weekend of 6th and 7th of November if not before.

Sharon Dodds.

Hey Shazza,

I just want to say that you really impressed me. You so wanted to make it, & you did.

Your bowling has improved so much from when I first saw you bowl. I'm really happy for you.

Even when I bowled against you on Sunday, you stayed with me all the way. I had to push just a little harder to get over the line. It was a good battle.

It will be fun having you in the team this year & I hope that you enjoy it as much as I have for these many years.

Well Done again & I too am looking forward to bowling at Frankston this year. I bowled my last Juniour Shield there in about 1993, & as Mark would know, We Won!! Hope we can do it again in 2004!!

Jenny :wink:

first of all REDRUM nothing we have said is over the top we were there and heard excactly what was said.
and secondly SPARKLE it is people like you and i know who you are that ruin the game of ten pin bowling by putting useless posts on and trying to continue something that has already worked out.before you think you have the right ti discuss thing on this subject sparkle you should first learn to bowl and stop bringing the sport down to your pathetic level.
lastly i am putting a ban on anyone from dandy posting anymore on anything to do with dunn shield,congrats to everyone on making the team.
WE WILL BE GREAT
thankyou mac stewart :twisted:

This topic is now over.

EVERYONE continue on with your lives.

I am happy to say that everything has worked out and the people involved have worked out their differences.

No more outside involvement is required.

Any more posts regarding the Nature of Dandenong Dunn Shield are not welcom unless its positive or Bowling related only.

BTW, Paul has been bowling at Boronia going on 2 years now, possibly more. Its not like he just moved there because of all this rubbish. I should know after all I am a listed sub.

Hi Mac,

I guess I finally got my answer on what happened to the captains from last year :oops:

Goodluck to everyone

Well sorry Mac But I have to ask the question everyone wants to know the answer to: REDRUM and SPARKLE who are you? :?: :?:

I don't mind you having your opinions and airing your views because thats everyones right, and thats what makes this country so great the fact that people can have different opinions and still feel safe and respected, all I will ask is that you at least put your name to your views. I can see only two reasons why you would not do so:
1.You don't truly believe in what you are saying OR
2. You don't have the courage to stand by your convictions.

So next time air your opinion but please do as most of the rest of us have and stand by it, name it and be ready to back it up.

That said lets hope this is all behind us and everyone gets back to whats important: bowling well and enjoying it whilst you do. Look forward to seeing you all at Dunn Shield and having a great time.

Cheryl :) :) :)

Leisa pulled out of the team on Tuesday night, as I have officially been told we are heading off to NZ in July.

It's all turned out to be a bit of a soap opera. Perhaps we could get do something like Judge Judy, except with Paul Trotter on the stands.

JUDGE PAUL

Oh Sparkle, how witty you are....NOT.

If you want to try to stir up trouble, do it openly, face to face.

Sumo

:p thank you for carrying me on thursday night i'm glad i had a dunn shield rep bowling with me after my first two games good on ya blondie
rick

Hi Rick,

It has been my pleasure bowling with you during this year.
What can I say about my good bowling, it must be the great company that I have had on the lanes.
You know that I am always here if you need me as a sub.
See ya Thursday
(Blondie)
Sharon Dodds.

Back
Top Bottom