2011 Event 1 - Sunday 6th Feb at Mentone bowl

Bec, in answer to your question the events usually finish around 3.30 - 4.00ish, possibly even earlier. Luke can confirm better than me, but they usually aren't that late.

Ok put me down please

I have work at 4.30 in rowville so can you please let me know if u expect it to finish later then 4?

Please add Me and the missus thanks Jane.
Has there been any discussion on the 8 pins handicap that women receive? There are many women bowling that have a higher average than most of the men, shouldn't handicap be given to lower average bowlers regardless of what sex they are?

Joseph and Ivan,

We have already finalised the shirt orders, not sure if we'll be able to get them for you if you are wanting to do the memberships. Ivan I know you want to but Joseph you will let to let me know as I removed you as per your instructions.

Thanks, Jane.

Updated list - good to see the names rolling in... :)

1. Jane Finch
2. Ralph Harford
3. Ryan Burton
4. Chris Castle
5. Rebecca Robinson
6. Mac Stewart
7. Andrew Thorpe
8. Elliott Batiste
9. Matt Perrella
10. Michael Wilson
11. Vanessa Pappin
12. Kirsten Ford
13. Craig Ryan
14. Mick Brunhierl
15. Steve Toth
16. Darren Bianchi
17. Barry Wicks
18. Scott Morris
19. Gavin Cox
20. Vi Huynh
21. Mick Carlsson
22. Carl Quaremba
23. extra SA bowler
24. Allan Bamford
25. Karen Weston
26. Ted Parsell
27. Trent Matthews
28. Kevin Clunies-Ross
29. Jeanette Baker
30. Narelle Baker (to be confirmed)
31. Bec Whiting
32. Emily Robertson
33. Damien Lowry
34. Ivan Aranda
35. Joseph Moraitis
36. Paul Robinson
37. Aimee Robinson

Please add Me and the missus thanks Jane.
Has there been any discussion on the 8 pins handicap that women receive? There are many women bowling that have a higher average than most of the men, shouldn't handicap be given to lower average bowlers regardless of what sex they are?

You bring up this rubbish every single event. I think its because you are sick of being beaten by women in the series. Harden the **** up. Seriously.

You bring up this rubbish every single event. I think its because you are sick of being beaten by women in the series. Harden the **** up. Seriously.

There is no shame in being beaten by Australian reps, State reps, Gold medal winning youth bowlers. These women have worked their buts off and the results are there for all to see, Jeanette Baker has won more than l will in 3 lifetimes. I thought handicap was given to "bowlers" on the merit of their ability not their lack of having a penis. There are many male bowlers with sub 180 aves going against 200+ ave women with handicap, something doesn't seem right. If you think that the lack of a penis makes you lesser of a bowler then maybe you should get out of the dark ages. You don't need a million revs to be successful in this sport, Paul Trotter and George Frilingos are not power players but are clearly the most successful guys out there. Maybe the women should speak up and let us know what they think.
As for the harden the fuk up bit, this is my address, please call by anytime to discuss this further. 306 Forest rd The Basin.

Bluey, could'nt agree more. Tonx, you're a bit weird sometimes, it's been a few years now since it was normal male behaviour to look down on women by handing them consessions to help the poor little things to try to be equal to the naturally superior male.

Sigh...

Do what you want... Really don't care.

Just remember the key to survival is inclusion not every individual member of the herd thinking WIIFM.

I think that if you have a 195 ave or better in league you should not get the 8 pins start.That is for all bowlers period.Cheers Ralph.

Tonx pull ya head in ..Paul is asking a question !!!!!

And it's exactly the same question he asks every single event. Cut the 8 pins and cut out 100% of women entries. Are you guys too ****ing stupid to work that out for yourself?

And it's exactly the same question he asks every single event. Cut the 8 pins and cut out 100% of women entries. Are you guys too ****ing stupid to work that out for yourself?

What a load of crap, l have already spoken to some of the top ave women and they agreed the handicap was BS but as long as it was given they would take it!
Even some of the lower ave women say it's not right, they felt as if we felt sorry for them for being a woman. Men and women are equally able to score big games and series as shown time after time at each event. Do you feel women are not as good as men Andrew? When l get up to bowl against someone l don't check their sex, l check their scores.
As for asking the question at every event, maybe the people running the series haven't taken the time to address it at ANY event.

Back
Top Bottom