2011 Results & Rankings

Phluff

This thread will be used to post the results and updated rankings following each event.

Ranking points are allocated to 2011 VSS members only. Non members are removed from the results and points determined as follows:

1st - 100 points + number of member entries
2nd - 85 points + number of member entries
3rd - 70 points + number of member entries
4th - 60 points + number of member entries
5th - 50 points + number of member entries
6th - 40 points + number of member entries
7th - 30 points + number of member entries
8th - 20 points + number of member entries
9th - 10 points + number of member entries
10th - Number of member entries
11th - Number of member entries - 10
12th to last - Decreasing points down to 1 point for last

Results of Event 1 @ Mentone.

Congratulations to Emily Robertson on winning the event.
As per VSS rules, Emily now loses her handicap for 12 months.

Attachments

• Event 1 Results.pdf
    133.1 KB · Views: 104
Results of Event 2 @ Geelong.

Congratulations to Jeanette Baker on winning the event.
As per VSS rules, Jeanette now loses her handicap for 12 months.

Attachments

• Event 2 Results.pdf
    144.7 KB · Views: 97
Rankings after 2 events.

At the completion of the 5 single day events, the highest ranked Male & Female bowlers win free entry into the 2011 VSS Final.

Attachments

• Rankings - Event 2.pdf
    110.6 KB · Views: 159
Results & Rankings after Event 3 @ Chirnside Park

Congratulations to Paul Trotter on his win.

Attachments

• Rankings - Event 3.pdf
    136.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Event 3 Results.pdf
    242.8 KB · Views: 99
Results & Rankings after Event 4 @ Altona

Congratulations to Ben Coupland on his win.

Attachments

• 2011 VSS - Event 4 Results.pdf
    386.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 2011 Rankings - Event 4.pdf
    143.1 KB · Views: 101
Hi Luke just wondering is the sports series continuing next year with the ladies getting an a 8 pin advantage per game?

I think the rule is good that if a lady wins then she gets her 8 pins taken off her

I agree as well, Just wondering Bec, would you bowl in the VSS if you did not receive the extra 8 pins per game next season? Also can somebody tell me why Jane Finch and Kirsten Ford do not receive the extra pins?, as far as i can see neither has won an event?

Yes I would definitely still bowl because I believe I do have the ability to bowl with the men
I totally agree with you Bec. You do have the ability to bowl with the men as do all the other ladies, so i would like to ask the rest of the girls if they would be prepared to bowl next season
minus the 8 pin advantage.

I think your missing the point of the handicap system, my belief is that it is in place to encourage more female bowlers to participate in the events, some bowlers may not feel confident enough going up against some of Victorias best.
If a female bowler wins an event the handicap is dropped for 12 months, as to open the door for more female bowlers to get up and win an event, I can't see a problem.. IMO.
Also, I think Jane and Kirsten handicaps (or lack of) may have been a typo as the for the first three events handicap was given to them
Cheers

I totally agree with you Bec. You do have the ability to bowl with the men as do all the other ladies, so i would like to ask the rest of the girls if they would be prepared to bowl next season
minus the 8 pin advantage.

I don't see any problem with the females getting 8 handicap. Just a little more info from this on Schmicko's post. If a female bowler wins they lose it for 12 months. With the Sports Series and been on tougher and more challenging patterns it is harder for some females to generate the pin carry with the Rev Rate they have. It's to get more females interested in bowling these events with out making it harder for them already. There are a few ladies out there that can compete with out the 8 pins. but i thinks it's a good thing for them and makes the Men make each and every spare we leave.

Having been bowling the Vic Sports Series for couple years now I don't see why this has to change and take 8 pins off them. If you read bowlingdigital often the European Tour offers 8 pins to the female bowlers in every event and some of there patterns are high scoring but the females are still getting 8 pins so i can't see why we have to change it at all. Europe have some of the best Females in the world going round.

I'll start with the 2nd question. Jane & Kirsten did get their 8 pins per game on Sunday and the results sheet has them in the correct finishing order, I just forgot to type the 64 in the hdcp section! If you look you see that their pinfall is lower than the people beneath them because it is missing the 64.

As for the 1st part, I'll paste something I typed at the start of the year:

The reason behind the handicap system was to encourage more female participation in the series and to level the playing field on sports conditions. To that end, it has achieved it's goal. In the past 4 years of the VSS we have seen an increase in the number of individual female entries and have had 2 female winners. (EDIT: NOW 4 WINNERS!)

On different oil conditions, sometimes you need a higher rev rate, sometimes more power. In these regards, male bowlers have an advantage over their female counterparts. That is why the accepted difference in averages is 8 pins. This is why females in mixed events are given 8 pins at international events, regardless of their entering average (See any EBT or most ABF events.) It's not a random figure.

With that said, there will be no change to the 8 pins handicap for Female bowlers for the 2011 series with the exception that any Female bowler who has won a VSS event in the previous 12 months shall not recieve the handicap.

Moving into 2012, the above will still apply. Females will receive the 8 pins until they win an event, then they shall have it removed for the next 12 months. That is the reason Emily Robertson (winner event 1) doesn't have a handicap. She will get one in event 2 next year (unless she wins another event this year).

In my opinion (& its only my opinion) 8 pins isn't really all that much.

So i take thats as you still bowling if you don't receive it?
To Chris, I have read in an earlier post of yours that you believe 190 or higher should be off scratch any one lower then that should get 8 pins.
To Luke, you say that some patterns require a high rev rate and more power so the women are at a disadvantage, well it could be said that some patterns are the opposite, less revs and power are an advantage....I don't see anybody giving me an 8 pin advantage, but wait...some conditions will suit the righties so maybe we should give the lefties 8 pins. Lets face it some
conditions will suit some and not others. I just don't see why higher average bowlers are receiving an unfair advantage. If you want to encourage more women to bowl maybe give them a discount IMO.

Back
Top Bottom