2011 Association Challenge - Change of Venue?

jimbo

Rumours on facebook tonight regarding a change of venue for the 2011 Association Challenge from Ipswich to Rockhampton due to recent flood damage at Ipswich

Does anyone now if this true or not....Morton;)

It is no longer a rumour. It is true. The land lords for Ipswich are over seas and apparently will not be back for some time. September is now what I have heard for Ipswich to reopen, correct me if I am wrong people. Damn shame if it is true!
Rockhampton has been bought forward from 2012 to 2011. This does not help people with accommodation bookings etc. Apparently there are NO other bowling centres with 20 or more lanes in them around the South East!!!!!!!!!!

Well here's hoping cyclone Yasi crosses the coast north of Rocky then or they might have to change venues twice...

Sad to hear about Ipswich, all the best guys.

It is no longer a rumour. It is true. The land lords for Ipswich are over seas and apparently will not be back for some time. September is now what I have heard for Ipswich to reopen, correct me if I am wrong people. Damn shame if it is true!
Rockhampton has been bought forward from 2012 to 2011. This does not help people with accommodation bookings etc. Apparently there are NO other bowling centres with 20 or more lanes in them around the South East!!!!!!!!!!

I feel sorry for Dino & his crew, they always put on a great tournament.

That beings said has anyone approached the other 2 centres within 20 minutes of Ipswich i.e.: Logan City & Richlands to see if they can fit us in & do some sort of deal. They both have a minimum of 20 lanes.

Robina has 24 lanes and Ashmore has 20...... plus am sure there are amy others.

Though i detect a hint of sarcasm in that 1 hehe....:)

yeah i really feel sorry for deano and staff. unfortunately i will prob have to pull out of it as i cant afford going up there and my car wouldnt be able to make the trip :( im so disappointed. i was so looking forward to it

I suppose this will put the Ken Mills Kup in jeopardy with Ipswich not getting back up until September... that would be a shame for the juniors as well.

I suppose this will put the Ken Mills Kup in jeopardy with Ipswich not getting back up until September... that would be a shame for the juniors as well.

Yes, definitely a huge blow to the juniors if Ipswich can't get back up by then. Fingers crossed for Dino, Alice and Darren to get it up and going by then!

Grant

Back
Top Bottom