Association Challenge update from TBAQ

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
As previously stated a meeting will be convened on Saturday 29th of this month. It will be held at 10.00am in the TBAQ Office at Sports House.(Sorry but all the meeting rooms at Sports House are booked that morning.)

The reason for this meeting is to ask the participating Associations for their preference regarding a venue.

The latest information to hand is that Sunset Superbowl have withdrawn their offer to provide lanes, and the host Association Toowoomba & DD have requested that the event be moved to the Sunshine Coast.

However, TBAQ have now received assurances from Garden City Lanes and the newly formed Garden City Association that they are able to conduct the tournament properly and efficiently and would welcome the opportunity to do so.
The board did not want to get involved in the Toowoomba politics, and we have tried to stay reasonably neutral. However as we are fielding an unusually high number of enquiries we felt we had to do something to resolve the matter.
Many people will have made bookings in Toowoomba and paid deposits and we feel it is unfair to ask participating teams to change their existing arrangements without at least consulting them first.
We welcome comments regarding this matter, either here on this site or by phone to the office.

Andrew Shinnie
Sec. TBAQ

So what's the problem holding it at Garden City Lanes? Seems like there is finally light at the end of the tunnel to me. Just hold it at Garden City and be done with it. Simple!

Andrew,

Thank you for your advice re the Tournament.

I would like to point out that we at the T&DDTBA did not simply hand the challenge to Sunshine Coast. We were informed by the tournament trustee as set out in the rules of the tournament, that the Sunshine Coast were willing to stage the event.

When Sunset management advised us of their change of mind, we were told the main reason for this was the unprecedented amount of commentary on this site, and it was disrupting the sport here.So I ask all participants thinking about commenting here, to be careful about what they write.

Finally, the T&DDTBA as the representative association for this area still has not formally withdrawn from the tournament, therefore, we are expecting to field a team as normal. (these bowlers are not involved in the politics)

Finally, the T&DDTBA Inc has been a long and proud supporter of the sport. Once again we are to be kicked in the guts by others. Over time the truths surrounding events here will be known. I believe that all parties involved acted because they are passionate about the sport, and others may have another agenda, but whatever the reason, the damage has been done.

My thoughts are quite simply this.Let the bowlers have their say. Where are the others that created the situation now? Why are they not talking?
They have called us spineless amongst other things, yet we have tried to continue regardless, thinking only of the tournament and the bowlers.Now we are to be kicked in the guts once again. Thanks a lot people.

Over 20 years of hard work has just been forgotten, all those years of supporting the sport,down the drain.

I will sign off as always..........................with my name!!!

Regards

John Wiffen
Toowoomba

so was legends, why were they not considered seeing they tendered for it last year???

Are decisions being made by committee's or individuals???

sad to see the toowoomba thing eventuate, to the ones who want it to work, keep working hard, good things come to those that do.

last question, do all the associations have to cop the accomodation deposits on the chin, or is someone accountable???

Tournament

Hi every one,
The New Garden City Lanes Tenpin Bowling Assoc. is now starting to set up.
Our steering commitee will be elected very shortly.
We at Garden City never had another chance to hold the Challenge after Sunset's decision to not hold it. So if the best interest of the bowlers in Toowoomba are T&DD's objective, then why didn't they put aside their feelings and aprouch Garden City again?
We would love to hold the Assoc. Challenge here and look foreward to seeing those who have paid deposits still get their moneys worth.
Andrew,
Are we as the new association of Garden City allowed to come to the meeting at TBAQ on the 29th. sat. morning and plead our case?
Thank you every one for your interest.
Steve Bitmead.

Steve

From what I have been told there was some kind of an agreement at the meeting you held on Saturday. To keep this home at not on the forum. What happened?

On Friday night you tried to encourage us back to the centre, and heard that we were supported by a major league. Guess that was just all talk huh?

And what of management not being on the association/s? Oh that is right, an owner is not actually the manager, and that makes it correct. Seems a little hipocritical to me,one minute you complain because we had a centre owner on the board, then you guys just do it anyway.

Someone has conveyed to TBAQ that your association was willing ready and able to run the challenge, yet on Friday night you told our meeting the association was yet to be formed,and your post above confirms that.Certainly it is in the process of being established, and I wish you all well.

Sorry I could not be in attendance on Saturday. I like you have business to attend to, but luckily 2 of those who went had already met with you and the T&DDTBA Inc.

Can you confirm the rumour surrounding an alternative tournament to the Association Challenge? I think it would be a great shame for the challenge as it is today, and a reflection of how some feel.

Regards

John Wiffen

Three words..........GET OVER IT!!! I know I have had enough hearing about all this shyt that is going on and I'm sure most other bowlers in the challenge have had enough too. Its all too depressing towards the sport and I'm sure all the bowlers just want an answer as to where we will be bowling the challenge this year and a decision should be made quick. This sort of stuff is just a load of crap!!!

We have now scored a proper meeting room in Sports House for the meeting on the 29th so we don't need to use the office.
We will be in meeting room 1. There are drinks machines here, also T and coffee.

So does anyone have any infromation to what happened on the weekend in regards to this matter? Where are we bowling etc? Thanks Kellie

Back
Top Bottom