2007 all stars team

Yes it may be a teams event, but does the team bowl the individuals ball. It may be a team, but that team is made up of 7 individuals. From previous experience it makes people feel a whole lot better about their bowling if they see their names up in lights from their friends who have chose them for the all star team. Also if it ****s you to see this all star crap dont look at it then.

Matt Simpson

Game Set Match to matty simpson. This is 100% true mate. President's Shield
is a TEAM event but that team is made up of 7 individuals. Now keep in mind that there are 5 points for individual games and then only 2 points for the team game. So whilst you are bowling in a team and for the team, you are also bowling for yourself to win your team individual points.

All Stars isnt and will never be the main aim of president's shield and im sure past and current president's shield bowlers will agree. All stars is simply a bonus for those bowlers who bowl well for themselves and their team.

Matt Watson

im sorry fishbog.... i think you are just trying to sound smart... i cant believe you would get on here and start abusing most of the president shield bowlers... in fact, the ones you have already directly insulted, are those who were in WINNING teams, in the ALL STARS, and are also some of the most top ranked bowlers in youth. you have nothing on this thread. what you need to do is have a think to yourself... maybe your fighting with junior bowlers who really care about their team and yes ALSO about themselves.... it IS possible to care about the TEAM and YOURSELF.... why not? alright, so you want me to say "you know what, i dont care how i bowl, pretty sure my team is strong enough to make up for my crap bowling".. im sorry, but im not gonna leave it up to the team to make up for my crap bowling after ive taken your advice and stopped thinking about myself..... go home!!!!

look soirry if i offended any bowlers ok but this is a forum and i gave u my opinion so if u cant deal with it u shouldn be on totalbowling and everyone has there opinion and i have spoken to toehr bowlerrs off here and some agrree with my opinion not mentioning names but so can u guys deal with it

yes matt, we can all understand that you gave your opinion, but as i told you off this website, everybody elses replies were their own opinions as well. We can handle your opinon as long as you can handle ours.

fishbog,
ratty is right.
we wrote opinions.
then you thought of a brilliant idea - to abuse us for them.
now your asking us to accept your opinion where by we didnt belittle your opinion untill u attacked us.

so i do believe, using ur own words here, that if you cant handle such a free and open forum then you should not post anymore.

yeah thats it i am jealous i am so jealous it stops me sleeping i cant sleep at night cause i am jealous how bout u get ya hand off it

well thanks for the great show fishbog, you really entertained us all.
now can we get back to what this thread was originally about
GO MICHELLE!!!

Matt Simpson

look soirry if i offended any bowlers ok but this is a forum and i gave u my opinion so if u cant deal with it u shouldn be on totalbowling and everyone has there opinion and i have spoken to toehr bowlerrs off here and some agrree with my opinion not mentioning names but so can u guys deal with it

Well it's my opinion that you should work on your spelling, champ.

All Stars is to acknowledge those bowlers who performed the best. Yes, Shield is all about winning for your state, but All Stars is to recognise those who ultimately performed the best to help their team win.

That's My Opinion ;)

And I think Matt is spot on also.

sheild is the bomb.......lol this thread is stupid it makes pplz get big heads when they shouldnt, every1 has a chance to bowl well so just let them decide when its on(game ON) ........fishbog ur a champ ......hahahahaha lol and disco stu ur a champ

go TEAM

how bout u all just drop it and get on with ya lil all star crap ok

If only you would let us dumbass... We were quite happy discussing who we thought would make allstars until you decided to start making personal attacks on people who slightly disagreed with your opinion.
Those people being the ones that could actually make sense of your poor spelling, grammar and sentence structure.
Pretty much if everyone bowls their individual best with the thought of all stars in their mind, as well as that of their team. Then logically thinking, the team is going to do well as a result of the individuals bowling well.
Pretty sure Alicia had it right, your jealous...

coz im a emo kid ,

75120.jpg

Hmmm...
To tell you the truth i have absolutely no idea who will make allstars n I also don't think it really matters. Don't get me wrong, anyone who makes allstars at sheild has done exceptionally well, but it seems to start so much unnecessary crap (my humble opinion).
I have bowled shield for NQ for the past 2 yrs, and next one will be my last. I have to say, I agree with BOTH side of the arguement that has been presented here, to a certain degree.

On my shield teams, we never chose our line up with the interest of an individual in mind. The line up was done with the idea that on those conditions, at that point in time, those 5 bowlers were going to make the greatest contribution to the team. This may seem like an odd idea to those of you down south, as lots of you are exceptional individual bowlers, but in NQ, we feel like outsiders in a way, becuase of distance and lack of regular competition. Therefore, the emphasis is on the team performance. That is our goal. If it was to come down to the last game of the tournament, there is no way in hell that our coaches would say, "Let's just put Bowler X in the team becuase he/she has a chance to make allstars". I think in a teams event, it should be up to the coaches (and the other players in a team) to consider the other people they are bowling with, because even though you can enter any number of many singles tournamnets, presidents sheild is the biggest teams event in jnr bowling.

That being said, it is stupid not to assume that people don't have their own aspirations. Of course everyone wants to go away and bowl their best and make allstars, but it can only happen for 5 people. I am also agreed on the fact that the success of a team relies on the success of the individuals within that team. I think it only becomes selfish when bowlers try to pressure other bowlers into stepping aside so that they may bowl more games to attempt to reach allstars, or when another bowler may be forced to miss out becuase a coach and/or their teammates want to play favourites. In all honesty, i dont know very many peeple who dont get on with the other memebers of their representative team, but you usually wind up with one person on the team who nobody thought would be there, so the right thing to do is become a team.

Once again, i realise that to someone people the notion of 'team' is an idealist approach to sport, but to me it is the team environment that has made my presidents shield trips the best fun i have ever had in bowling. I just think you have to respect the format. I know of some bowlers who sit there when they are not bowling hoping that one of their teammates bowls a disgusting games just so they will get back in the team. Everyone has been throwing big names around for potential allstars, and some of them are probably right. Despite what you beleive in, it bears no relevence on who actually makes the the top 5. The whole lot of them may be bowlers who dont give a stuff about anyone else but themselves, or they could be bowlers who are excellent tem members. Irrespective, they are the allstars, like it or lump it. I don't care what kind of people the allstars are, they should simply be congratulated on their achievement.

This forum was started for the purpose of speculating who these people will be, not whether they are selfish or saints. Why come on and start crap? I encourage other people to keep putting forward suggestions...
makes for intersting reading;)

If your not going to Shield not looking to bowl your absolute best, then your doing a more of a disservice to your team then a service. The only way for your team to do well is to have 7 bowlers giving it everything they have and bowling to thier best of their ability. What your not taking into consideration is how people come to perform at their peak. Some guys like to sit down and be quiet, others like to joke around, others like to listen to some music and others need that personal drive to get them pumped for the biggest teams event in Juniors.
As someone who made All-Stars, I can tell you I got their by getting up every shot and making the best shot I could... for the team! The people that have that individual drive to make All-Stars are only doing the team a benefit by putting in the extra hour of practice a week. By throwing those extra 10 ten pin shots a week. Add to the fact that when you got one bowler shooting scores, the confidence of the whole team goes up and everyone's scores improves. Prime Example of this was this years Girls Victorian team, where three of their bowlers made All-Stars. They won!

Later Da Cowman!

Cow, what about the SA Boys from 2005... Where NOT ONE of the team made all stars... that was a team effort... Great year that was..

All Stars, Yes individual.. but you/the TEAM are there to BOWL for ur state.
Be Proud to wear your state Colours, Bowl to the Best u can and, ay If ur Lucky U might just get that bonus and become an All Star.

Thats just my view

Peanut

Cow, what about the SA Boys from 2005... Where NOT ONE of the team made all stars... that was a team effort... Great year that was..
All Stars, Yes individual.. but you/the TEAM are there to BOWL for ur state.
Be Proud to wear your state Colours, Bowl to the Best u can and, ay If ur Lucky U might just get that bonus and become an All Star.
Thats just my view
Peanut

There's an exception to every rule Peanut. As far as I can remember back the teams have had at least 1 bowler in the All-Star team, and definatly one in the top 10. I guess it comes down to where your best performing bowler bowls...

Later Da Cowman!

Fishbog, how about you go make a team first before you slag off people who've been in the position that you're still dreaming about?!!

Yes you are there to bowl for your state, and wanting sucess for the team should be THE PRIMARY GOAL of every bowler, however, it still doesn't mean that you can't have other side goals like wanting to make all-stars etc.

Some people when they focus so hard on wanting to do well for the team put themselves under too much pressure and end up having an inverse effect. Sometimes focusing on themselves helps the bowler excel and be in more of a comfort zone. Having a secondary personal goal is something a bowler should always have. In this world sometimes you do have to be a little bit selfish.

Back
Top Bottom