Picks for All Stars

Just wondering who u think will make the all stars, theres a few out there that i know of that have great chances, my picks are
Boys: Matt Simpson, Matt Kanafa, Micheal Craig, Dion Alexander and Simon Strasberg
For the girls: Cassie Fagg, Hayli Mozzoni, Alicia Garioch, Jess McGinty and Lexi Nicoll
For the sheild, i think the SQ girls have the best chance, but the boys is goin to be a hard one to pick, but maybe SA with matt and dion leading the team. For overall, i would have to say SQ, but hey, what would i know.
Just my thoughts, take care all and the best of luck to you.
Hamish (GO NT :D )

boys
matt simpson, matt sing, matt kanafa, shawn tunnah and brady pirie
girls
kara bunting, samantha fisher, deanne church, lexi nicholls and jessica lawrence.

there are also alot of other name you could throw in to the hat, strazz, megan gore, jessica mcginty,ashly warren to name a few very talented bowlers.

Based on how I think the shot is played
Boys - Stephen Cowland, Michael McDonald, Michael Craig, Matt Sing and Dion Alexander

Girls - Alicia Garioch, Cassie Fagg, Jessica Lawence, Kara Tilucio and Sammy Fisher/Lexi Nicoll ..

Just my 2 cents worth .. no I'm not being biased at all!

I'd have to say for the boys.....

Matt Sing
Matt Kanafa
Ant Morrell
Nathan Parlby
Brady Pirie

And the girls of course.....

Alicia Garioch
Jess Ryan
Kara Bunting
Courtney Murdoch
Cassie Fagg

But all i can really say is GO VICTORIA

i forgot to put cow in my top five for boys he is always in the hunt.

Matt simpson
Matt K
Simon S<if his gunna be serious
Steven C
Ian Phelan

others picks:

matt sing
michael craig
michael mcdonald
Brad pirer
Curtius Mcnamara

Here are my picks for top 10

BOYS .....

1. Matt Simpson – Proving you don’t need revs to bowl well, has been bowling quite well and after just missing out last year will 2005 be his year?

2. Stephen Cowland – My Extraverted team mate (or at least he is when it comes to bowling shield) has made junior all stars the last 2 years …. Can he do it a 3rd? Most probably, has been bowling well of late will be one to watch at shield.

3. Dion Alexander – Ahh another softy lol very accurate and consistent, will his scores stay up higher though, now bowling with Columbia and giving the impression that he does have some revs. Can he do it?

4. Hamish Rogers – Just gone up to 15lb good work, throwing big hooking gear though, this little one has to hope the lanes hold up and just needs to keep his head while bowling for NT and maybe coming up against his home state of SQ.

5. Matt Sing – Whacking it up the left hand side and smashing the pocket matt has a lot of power but what’s going happen when those little corner pins start to stand can matt throw enough of the big games to keep himself up there?

6. Matt Kanafa – What revs? What power? This big guy can throw a ball and has been proving to be one of the best in the last few months, how will he preform at nationals?

7. Michael McDonald – Another of my team mates, probably bowling with something I used to own, that’s gotta help a bit lol, has been working hard … will it pay off?

8. Dean Judd – Can now play straight and spare ??? that’s scary, has a much better shot and can control his ball reaction and gets the ball to start to roll after the arrows (always helps) will he keep his head while bowling shield all that loud clapping on the lanes could do some damage to his hand lol.

9. Nathan Parlby – Lil Parbs... theres a lot of good bowling happening in that family. Can he throw big enough this year bowling his 2nd year for Victoria doesn’t have first year nerves, could be up there?

10. Ashley Warren – PEANUT in his last year and he wants to make it a big one and wanting to help his team defend their title from last year can he and they do it?

GIRLS

1. Cassie Fagg – POWER missing out by .1 of a pin in average last year really wants to get over the line this year and with that shot will most likely do it.

2. Jennifer Jones – Just gone up to 15lb and experienced bowling her first 300 just before nationals, she will be pumped and putting in 110% this year.

3. Hayley Donnelly – Awesome performance last year will she do it again? Just about to get to America so needs to make this a big one and an impressive farewell.

4. Jessica Seddon – BEWARE THE UNKNOWN this girl can bowl after just going up to 14lb and using storms should have a big debut year in president shield but hey if she doesn’t make it this year she will next year or the year after or the year after or the year after or the year after lol.

5. Jessica McGinty – Its about time this girl made all stars, in her last year will be giving it her all, can she finally do it?

6. Kara Bunting – Kara can really get around the ball and coming from a person who can’t get revs its amazing what a bit of rotation can do. Now bowling for ACT & Southern NSW and throwing hopefully her new 15lb Storm Depth charge, a new fresh start she will be one to watch out for.

7. Lexi Nicoll – YOUNGEN has been bowling well in NSW and is improving by the minute can she throw big at nationals? We will see.

8. Alicia Garioch – Only talking to her yesterday and is ecstatic about her new gear will it work for her at nationals and will she pull it off?

9. Jacinta Gilliland – The tall smooth lefty has been doing extremely well this year proving she is one of the best in her first year of shield im sure if she doesn’t make it this year she will next year or the year after.

10. Fiona Smydzuk – good things come in small packages don’t let her size fool you fee can bowl, in her third year of shield and bowling for NT if the shot requires a good sparer she will be up there.

See you all at nats.

Craigy

girls: samantha fisher, krystal king, kara bunting, jess mcginty and cassie fagg

boys: stephen cowland, matt sing, matt k, matt simpson and Michael McDonald

Everyone knows the favourites!!

Jess Seddon in the girls is my wildcard to make it!! I wouldn't be too surprised, she beat all us boys at our last training session on the nationals shot..

Chris Commane from tassie will be my wildcard in the guys, from what i've heard, shot has improved alot, more accurate, more versatile, both will be needed this year.

Good Luck to everyone..

P.S What we need is odds from Belmo!! lol

isnt it a team event ???????? lets focus on the states not individual performances for a change just what i reckon but good luck all

These names will be in no particular order...
Boys...
Matt Kanafa: Had quite a few decent results coming from this young man. So much power...can almost turn pins into powder.
Michael Craig: A native to Canberra, this young chap has improved so much as of late. Has put in a lot of hard work and deserves to have the words 'All Star' next to his name.
Stephen Cowland: As mentioned in previous posts, an All Star for the past 2 years, this one being his last, I am sure he will be up there yet again.
Matt Sing: Another bloke who I have seen a few great things from. If we can put a Storm ball into his hands, there would be no doubt about this kid makin it!! :p
Michael McDonald: He wants it...oh yeah! This guy will be one to watch. This is his last opportunity to make All Stars, so I think he will have his head down and be ready to do what it takes.
Ashley Warren: Thinks Ebonite is the greatest. This is his last opportunity to make it...I know he wants it, but can he get it?
Dion Alexander: As mentioned, now bowls with Columbia...can this make any sort of positive difference to his results?? Only time will tell...

Girls...
Lexi Nicol: I have watched this chick at every tourny and I tell you what if she is on fire...SHE IS ON FIRE! I shall be watching out for this one...
Jessica Seddon: Be afraid...be very afraid. As mentioned earlier, averaged higher than anyone else at our last training session...moving up a weight and becoming a STORM bowler, I truly believe this has made the magical difference! :D
Kara Bunting: Also made that wonderful move to STORM. Made All Stars last year and had that impressive 797 to accompany it. Definatly wants it...and has plans to make it...
Fiona Smydzuk: Last time I was watchin this one bowl, she was goin well...dont let her size fool you, she may be small but will be after big results.
Alicia Garioch: Has totally been looking forward to Shield this year. New line up is finally here and she is ready to roll.
Jessica McGinty: Has to make it. Last opportunity. I know she can do it and Im sure many of you guys know it too. This is one girl that Id love to see up there.

Thats prolly it...theres probably names Ive not mentioned that should be there but ah well...
Catchya all soon!

Jen.

Good luck to everyone representing in the Shield starting tomorrow. :D

My picks for All Stars:

Matt Simpson Cassie Fagg
Matt Kanafa Hayley Donnelly
Stephen Cowland Kara Bunting
Hamish Rogers Courtney Murdoch
Ian Phelan Megan De Leeuw

Have a great time everyone - you are all AWESOME bowlers. :cool:

Feral

Back