Australian Junior Masters & Presidents Shield All Stars

Bee...!

Living the dream!!!
Ok so we have all heard who people think will win shield and as predicted everyone said there own state but this is different who does everyone think will win masters or make all stars?
with the new masters format it will be a very interesting year so take into consideration that there are no second chance you only get one shot ha ha ha na serious who does everything think will win
See you all there
Bee

Can you explain the new masters format please? This is the first I have heard of it. The best bowler on the day will win masters - as we saw from the NSW state masters where it was a 12 year old we had never heard of before. There must be some favourites for all stars- Steve Cowland & Bobby O & Steve Reynolds or Josh Bulow from NSW - for the girls maybe - Sylvia Wilson from WA - Jess McGinty- Bianca Flanagan- -- could be anyone & I'll bet there will be some no-one predicts. But I think the older juniors have more of a chance because of the pressure of shield & because they have been there before.

I think Cassie, Courtney and Tracey from vic have an awesome chance, either of the 3, in taking out the masters and making the allstars team ..also Bianca and Silvia. Its going to be great to watch the girls battle it out.
As for the guys I dont really know any but we'll see on the day.

um is Sylvia gonna be there?
well if she is i'd say the girls who have a good chance of making all stars would be bee, sylvia, cassie, tracey, court, jess mcginty, yvette lawton.. there's a few!!!

as for the boys.. cow, reynolds, bobby, ant.. i cant really say any more coz i dont know many of the boys.

for the masters, like it's already been said.. it could be anyones depending how they bowl on the day. And now without double elimination there's no second chance if someone were to have a bad block.. or a huge block bowled against them

cant wait to see you all there
jess

I believe the format is actually 5 game single elimination, games won, not pinfall. Top number of seeds sit out according to qualifying.

Potter new format is best of 5 games, or first to 3 points. You get a point for winning a game, whether it is by 1 pin or 100 pins. Total pinfall plays no part in the masters. Also, State Champions will still have to rank themselves in comparison to the other people that make the masters. As far as I am aware, the Masters will be ranked, with a number of bowlers sitting out some rounds.

More when I talk with Frawls and figure it out exactly.

Later Da Cowman!

Potter said:
Can you explain the new masters format please? This is the first I have heard of it. The best bowler on the day will win masters - as we saw from the NSW state masters where it was a 12 year old we had never heard of before. There must be some favourites for all stars- Steve Cowland & Bobby O & Steve Reynolds or Josh Bulow from NSW - for the girls maybe - Sylvia Wilson from WA - Jess McGinty- Bianca Flanagan- -- could be anyone & I'll bet there will be some no-one predicts. But I think the older juniors have more of a chance because of the pressure of shield & because they have been there before.

From what I have heard, Sylvia isnt going over.

But I think to win masters, it'll be Bianca and Bobby

Hey everyone,
For masters its to hard to choose with the new format but for all stars

Boys
Steve Cowland
Steve Reynolds
Bobby O'Rielly
Simon Strasburg
Josh Bulow

Girls
Cassie Staudinger
Hayley Donnelly
Sammy Fisher
Jess McGinty
Bianca Flanagan

I have to agree with roughly what Mikel has got written up there apart from one addition.

Michael Craig himself, this fella is consistent as hell and has the skill to go with it. All Stars prediction and masters top 5 for sure. Got just about every storm ball to cover every condition he could come across, and then even some more.

Later

I dont want to sound big headed here, i dont think i can when theres competition out there like the usual favourites, bianca, sam, cassie etc...... dont get me wrong, they are favourites for good reasons...
anyway, my point is i also think i have just as good of a chance as anyone else. I always have low self-esteem about how i bowl and i think this year im going to go awsome. There arnt many girls that are left handed at all, im at my home centre and im not bowling shield and get to rest and relax a bit more.
I know im going to feel wierd because im the one and probably only person that has said they will have a great chance but alot of people are probably reading this topic hoping someone has mentioned them as a favourite, and for those people i think everyone has an awsome chance.
I kinda hope one of the unknown people win, just so its exciting and not the usuals kinda thing.
Thats it i think,
cheers,
lauren. (",)

i think ant morrell is definately gonna be up there and so will matty sing....you guys will give em a run for ya money in both all stars and masters

goodluck guys!!!

matty kanafa

Ant Morrell will win Boys Masters and make All Stars.
I believe Stephen Cowland has a HUGE chance of doing both as well....

As for the girls, it would be between Cassie, Tracey and Bianca.

:lol: :wink:

Goodluck to all who participate

of all the boys you've named, where the hell is matty kanafa on that list??? the boy has so much potential, and such an awesome shot, i think he'll make allstars for sure, even go as far as to win masters

some guys i think will make allstars:
- stephen cowland
-bobby o'riley
-josh bulow
-steve reynolds

some girls:
-bee
-cassie
-sammy fisher

not sure bout the rest of the allstars.

for masters? i think that any of the above has total capability to take out the title.

luv jess

This is my top five to win

Boys
1. Matt Sing
2. Stephen Cowland
3. Bobby
4. Matty Kanafa
5. Brett hall

Girls
1. Cassie
2. Kara
3. sam fisher