2007 all stars team

jesus flick 3 out of 4 of them are vics yes vic is a good team but we aint that strong there are a lot fo beta bowlers around i aint having a crack but i agreee with chrissy and anywayz who gives a rats bout who is gonna make allstars last i checked president shield is a team event not individual it ****s me to see all this all star crap and so far u have been very biased in your picks
good luck to all the TEAMS for it and hopefully the best state wins

Yes it may be a teams event, but does the team bowl the individuals ball. It may be a team, but that team is made up of 7 individuals. From previous experience it makes people feel a whole lot better about their bowling if they see their names up in lights from their friends who have chose them for the all star team. Also if it ****s you to see this all star crap dont look at it then.

Matt Simpson

u got a point matt but i stand by wat i say u are bowling for ya state not yaself if u wanna bowl for yasdelf bowl brunswick youth or sydney cup yeah there are 7 individuals but at the end of the day it is a TEAM event and it is the best way to get a good team spirit that is my point and personally i think it is a valid point u are there for ya state not yaself SIMPLE

hi fishbog.

i can definately see both sides of the argument as being right. I have been to shield three times and it is definately a big team event. i love that.... however, people who make all stars generally dont try to make allstars. i'll use myself as an example. each year i go to nationals, the whole way through the three days of shield, im constantly cheering for my team, helping my team mates. i barely look at my own score, only at the teams. when you finish that last game on the last day, you cant help but wonder if you have bowled better than others and are you in all stars. i always care about my team before i care about myself, but i still care about myself in the long run. it is not a crime to wanna make all stars, but my advice is to everyone, bowl as good as you possibly can for your team, if you make all stars, thats a bonus!!!

<3 michelle

Very well said michelle:D. Shield will always be a teams event, just listen to all the cheering. Its always nice to know other bowlers have faith in your ability and All Stars is a bonus and always a nice end to the event. For 2007 i think anyone has the possibility to be an All Star, next yr sure is going to be a tough year and it will be congratulations to those who bowl consistantly well and are still there beside their team cheering them on and not having a voice at the end of it;)

.......Caroline C

As Mikky said, I can also see both sides if this argument and I have to agree with both.

The first year I went to Nationals and found myself up on the allstars board I was beside myself. I was sitting 10th at that time and I remember ringing my Mum saying the top 5 get in but I don't think I'll get up that far. Then on the last day someone came up and said I was sitting 5th. I will be honest and say that the last couple of games I was only thinking about myself and making it in. I did relise how selfish it was because your there to be a team. And I wipped them to think about where I was coming. And as Mikky said..Its good to think about yourself and try to bowl the best but also remember that if its meant to be it will happen. Just concerntrate on the important things at hand and thats your team.

This year when I went to Nationals, of course there was apart of me that wanted to do it again but I told myself..If it happens it happens just go out there and do one for the Team. I looked every now and again to see where I was but the thought left when I went back on the lanes. I was happy though that I was up there but I wanted to concerntrate on getting my team those medals before I concerntated on myself. Shield is about having fun and making your Team proud. It was a great bonus for me to make Allstars 2 years in a row and I'm very greatful that I had the opportunity to do so. Its something I will hold onto forever.

Its good to want to be up there and as Cazza said, everyone has the strength to make it and its not a crime to think about it or want to make it. Everyone is an allstar but don't let the hype of getting in stop you from supporting your team. Because the only reason why I got in was because of my Team constantly cheering me on. They are the ones that will get you there. They won't let you down so don't let them down.

Taya

I think it's pretty simple.

You bowl better than anyone else and you are going to win points and matches for your team.

If you have 1 or 2 allstars from within your own team, you stand a much better chance of being somewhere towards the top of the placings. This thread is a way of saying which state has the form bowlers, or best bowlers. Doesn't mean it's going to be correct, because it is people's opinions on who they think. I guess you could say it's a form of good old trash talk.

Just my thoughts.

Tim

ppl bowl for all stars.
it just happens that way.

back to the original reason for this thread.

girls:
michelle.

lol
thats all i have so far.
love u skank
xx

kay u are full of crap not only did u just say the most stupiest thing down people bowl for all stars if that is pathetic and also dont put an all star list down with just ya mate there is plkenty of talent out there how bout u try and put a full list down and get abk to us

kay u are full of crap not only did u just say the most stupiest thing down people bowl for all stars if that is pathetic and also dont put an all star list down with just ya mate there is plkenty of talent out there how bout u try and put a full list down and get abk to us

Unfortunately Matt, Kara is correct.
There are a number of bowlers who bowl to make all stars. Its quite sad, but it has happened for a very long time. Think back to events you have bowled in, and the shock when the star bowler sits out a game, or gets very angry when they open a frame despite having won the game!

Its a facet of team sports, that I wish would disappear. It has cost many teams victory, or made the victory alot tougher then it should have been. Just look at recent president shield campaigns!

well maybe they should just get rid of the all star concept and make it a team only thing get rid of all the indiviual awards damn that ould bring back team spirit

I'll post my picks when i get a chance to bowl there. I think its still any ones chance

I know you've never bowled shield before...
So you wouldn't know anything about what it means & how proud it is to make all stars...

And why do you want people to make a "full" list and get back to you if this thread is
basiclly you saying the point of all stars is wrong..

thanx for the personal attack there fishbog.
not that im coming from 4 yrs of sheild experience or anything.
but i stand by what i said.
i didnt say it was RIGHT OR WRONG i just said that is what happens, it wont ever change, and instead of CRAPPING on about it why not get back on topic of what the thread was originally about.
obviously u dont like MY pick of the allstars, but as i stated THATS ALL I HAVE SO FAR. yes its a friend, but i know she is a good bowler and i feel she will make it. i havent seen who is in the teams yet but i wrote who i believed is a definate pick for making it.

no i dont feel it is the STUPIDEST thing said, but by the looks of things if it came close to being so u have covered me pretty well.

fishbog,

why are you wanting a full list of all stars when you arent even bowling shield anyway. i just dont see the point in you wanting a full list. i seriously think you should stop posting on this thread considering you are now ruining the thread with all of your negativity. all stars is such a great feat for juniors to accomplish and it is a great feeling to accomplish that. you should ask your sister how she felt when she was in the all star team. on a happier note good luck to all of the bowlers and all the best.

GO MICHELLE!!!

Matt Simpson

if i could understand what you type fish , i might read what you say , but since i cant read crap i wont bother , ps kara sux

my opinion is that all stars is anyones game... it all depends on how you bowl.. if you are in with the team spirit you are gonna be a much happier person and in return of that... bowl better... just remember that is it a team event... i can only imagine that making all stars team is a great feat as i have never been to shield.. .but seriously.. it really is anyones game!!

so i would like to wish everyone luck!!

<3 Melly

yeah well in my opinion if u put yaself before ya team u are a selfish prick and u dont deserve to be representing ya state if thgat is the attitude u go into shield with, and i may not have bowled pressie shield but i have bowled shields in victoria and every year it has been team first so to all those who are there for ya team good luck

well thanks for calling me a selfish prick fish, if bowling for myself in a teams event i would be guilty for every team event i have bowled in. but as i recall for the president shield of 04 and 05 i had the highest amount of points for for any bowler in the event giving my team the most advantage in points. and as you said before fish if you want to bowl for yourself then bowl a singles tournament like the youth events in australia. if you have a look at most of the results for the youth tournaments i think you would find that alot of the bowlers that do bowl president shield do bowl these tournaments.

i think you have also just offended quite a number of bowlers before saying that if you think about yourself then you are a selfish prick. because i know of quite a few bowlers that bowl for themselves
A. because most likely they dont get along with their team
B. they want to be successful
C. even if they like their team they still want to bowl the best to their ability

fish, i think you seriously need to stop now before you dig yourself into a deeper hole than you are in already

Matt Simpson
selfish prick

well i also know people that can go into singles mode or team mode it is simple yeah matt u are selfish i aint gonna mention the names of the peeps i know that are team bowlers in team events but when it is say brunswick cup they all for themselves and if u dont get on with the team mates u make the effort 2 get on with them and i can tell u that from last years amf shield i was hated in the team but i still put the team first

Back
Top Bottom