Roto Grip Wrecker

Michael Little

The Wrecker, the next in line from the pearlized Shatter. I was initially reserved about the Wrecker until I saw this was the hybrid coverstock version. I have always faired well with the hybrids, still really like my Rising Stars, (yes more than one).

I have really liked the hybrid coverstocks, as for myself, they give me a nice read on the lanes, without the snappiness of a pearl cover. I have also found the surface on all of Roto Grips hybrid balls, to be really tuneable, sand, polish, grade up or down, it all works.

So I drilled this one very similar to the Defiant Soul, 60x45x4.5, moving the pin to pap a little closer to max flare position for a bit more bite. As you can also see from the picture below this drilling required me to drill out the pin.

I found this ball to be extremely readable, strong in the midlane and a very defined move (but still stable in reaction). I found dependant on hand position and tilt, either deferred or increased the amount the ball would read the lane and how soon or late. To get this consistent reaction each and every time from change of hand position is important to me.

Check out BPD Bowling's Facebook page for a short video on this ball.
http://www.facebook.com/BpdBowlingAustralia

Attachments

• Wrecker 60x45x4.5.JPG
    Wrecker 60x45x4.5.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom