World Cup - Day 4

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Well my wish for the same sort of lane condition from the day before didn't come to fruition, the lanes were the most brutal I've seen them. To say there were a reverse block was being kind. Fellow lefties also struggled, the best effort was Shannon from Team USA posting a +40 score today.

It didn't matter what I seem to try, it didn't work. Yesterdays hold disappeared, the out of bounds was like a lake. I was throwing darts into haystacks, I had nothing. I resorted to throwing a dull ball up 7, it was a one board target, I thought the increase in speed would break up splits, again I was wrong.

I think my World Cup campaign is over, which is very disappointing as I wanted to win. Unless the great wall of china appears on the left and the righties all fall over my chances of making the top 8 for matchplay are shot. With only 2 male lefties making the 24, and 3 females making the top 24 it was a bit obvious things were not on a level playing field. I don't want to ***** and moan, but it was one of those conditions best suited to Walshy, Riley, Mick or Belmo.

I can assure you there will be no lefties in the top 8 from either division which is a tad disappointing, especially considering Shannon is the best in the World.

I'll post again tomorrow but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll be cheering on Ann Marie, she is a champion and I can't wait for to continue bowling well.

Adios for now

Just checked the results for the quarterfinals and it appears your prediction on your own prospects was accurate. Tough luck on that but congratulations on making it that far. Looks like Shannon Pluhowski did make it through and great to see Ann Marie Putney in second place going into the round of 8.

Back
Top Bottom