Woodville Youth Challenge

Andrew K

Hi everyone, starting this saturday December 9th for a trial run and running every month in 2007 woodville will be hosting the Woodville Youth challenge.

It will be a scratch singles tournament over 4 games. There will be 2 divisions for 175 and over and 174 and under using bowlers highest league averages. Bowlers from the ages of 16 - 25 are eligible.

the cost will be $25 with prizes of $25 for high scratch game and high scratch series for each divison.

check-in is at 1.30pm for a 2pm start at woodville bowl

We are looking at using the 5 TBA oil patterns on a random basis for this tournament.

At the moment the proposed dates are

January 13th
Febuary 10th
March 10th
April 21st
May 12th
June 9th (this may change due to the long weekend)
July 7th
August 18th
September 22nd
October 13th
November 10th
December 1st

we will be holding a meeting at around 3.30pm after the bowling has finished and all bowlers and interested parties are encouraged to attend

if you plan on coming please post here or give me a call on 0403 168 471

hope to see you there
Andrew Kelly

Andrew,
Is there going to be any other prizes or is that it cos that seems a little pointless to pay 25 to win max 50.

Cheers,
Bobba

Somehow i dont see this working... bowlers will bowl in a tournament with a good prizefund $25 to $50 will not drag out too many bowlers... but who knows...:confused:

It’s not really designed to be a big prize money thing it’s designed to give the intermediate average bowler an affordable chance to play on some different patterns against some reasonable competition. With a chance to win their money back

on the other had the prize fund is based on 5 entries per division so the more people that come the bigger the prize fund will get. we don't have a sponsor for this as yet although we are trying to find one so we can't guarantee big prizes but if we do get one then this may change

Have I been misinformed that these tournaments are for Woodville bowlers only?
And somehow I can see this clashing with the Junior/Youth Circuit for 2007, which already has a proven record for support, reliability and management and has no need for trial runs.
If the intermediate bowler wants to bowl with some decent opposition, why not bowl the JYC?

Just my two cents worth

yes you have been misinformed if someone said it is only for woodville bowlers, (btw who said it was for woody bowlers only) it is not for only woodville bowlers its for anyone who wants to turn up. And the reason is that the youth circuit hasn't been running for a while now, and we've been planning to get this going since june, and i'm not about to say no we aren't going to run it just because the youth circuit may be starting back up. Also last time the youth circuit was something like $60 to enter from memory, and $25 is quite a bit more affordable.

Back
Top Bottom