Whos Bowling In The 2002 National Intercentre Cup?

J

Jay_212

I just wanna know who is or might be bowling in the national intercentre cup this year at nationals. the intercentre cup itself is being held at Enfield Bowl. I might be bowling in it as a rep from salamander. Anyone else

Jay...

Hey Jay... hows it going?

I have competed in the I competed in the Intercentre cup challenge at the nationals for the last two years, and It is a great way of giving the up and coming bowlers a taste of 5 man team action, as they get older they try out (as i did) for the Presidents sheild team, there are battle chants, team bonding and everything that comes with President Sheild, but for the small bowlers... however

I find the format alittle unfair, yes we (the team i was in Southgate) made the finals both times and even won it in 2000, if you have a high average team, you will have little to no chance of winning because the little kids and there 99 handicaps. Now I know its a good system but I say get some little kids to bowl with you so you have a chance.

I also propose a new 5 my team comp for the 2003 nationals, A scratch Intercentre cup. As well as the Normal Incentre cup so the gap between centre and state representation is bridged even further, and it would be fairer to the high average teams, so the little kids and small juniours (10-14, up to 150 average) can have there chance at glory and also with the scratch intercentre, the better bowlers and older bowlers (15-18, 151 average +) who didnt make a sheild team can battle it out for a national trophey as well.

Its just an Idea, but whatever you do, good luck.

James,

If you really think about it, a scratch Intercentre Cup at Nationals is basically the graded Teams events in squads as it is.

jl,

I disagree, because in the trams event you do not have the pressure of bowling head to head, and when you think about it, you hardly have team spirit, especially not to the level that brings when you play team on team.

The events are just that events, there may be high fiving after a strike or spare, but have you ever seen a team start a chant at the top of there lungs at a normal event. I doubt it, and its just well.... different

If you have bowled Intercentre cup, which I dont know if you have, you would understand.

James,

I have no intention of starting a debate here, but I have been bowling the nationals since 1994, back when it was held at Gosford. The level of cheering at various events is nothing these days, compared to the level back then. I remember once, when a centre's guardian went and complained to the Tournament Room, because our team was making too much noise... and this was just in your usual, common, what might now seem boring Teams event. It was almost like we were at our school swimming carnival.

Team spirit was always high, and if you can't bowl with team spirit anyway, then why are you bowling in a team???

Back
Top Bottom