Who is attending TBA Nationals in October this year?

Are you going to attend TBA Nationals this year?

• Yes I will be attending

Votes: 48 40.0%
  • No I will not be attending

Votes: 61 50.8%
  • Maybe - not yet decided but may show up

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wont but hubby and daughters fiancee will be. Used to be a regular DeVeer bowler but dont like the new Restricted format. No bowling side by side with your teammates, no head to head competition, dont even bowl against every other state team. No atmosphere. Boring.... just like 6 games of league then go home. Why would I want to pay over $1200 to do this.

Working through an injury at the moment but maybe next year getting back and trying to improve further to go into Rachuig .... but then again unless I can average at least 200 why bother.

Had a good 2 weeks non-bowling holidays this year instead of bowling Nationals. May be this is the way to go.

Overseas trip to save up for. There should be a way to make it cheaper for people to travel, for instance maybe everyone going to nationals send their bowling gear via bulk delivery service. Save on luggage charges

Mount Gravelpit...errr Gravatt. Depends if ive got a job by then but im sure i'll turn up, try and get a couple goes at singles and test out a few oldies im drilling up for the wet/dry shots!!

Used to be a regular DeVeer bowler but dont like the new Restricted format. No bowling side by side with your teammates, no head to head competition, dont even bowl against every other state team. No atmosphere. Boring.... just like 6 games of league then go home. Why would I want to pay over $1200 to do this.

This format is the same as FIQ - what our Australian Reps go away to do. Try and tell them that the format is boring and has no atmosphere!

Whilst I haven't participated as a bowler in it yet, I have witnessed the Senior Challenge for the last 2 years - again same format - and I can tell you that it definately has atmosphere, and is certainly not boring. May not be quite the old style head to head, but believe me, all the teams know where they are travelling and what they have to throw to win ;)

I've had a lot of feedback from both North and South Qld regarding this format.
All of it has been positive.

Very interesting to see the new update Rachuig teams on TBAQ website..... people in people out..... very interesting indeed!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah Im not going this year.. hubby kids and I are off to The Gold coast 2 weeks after Rachuig for a 10 day family holiday.. can't pay $2000 or whatever the cost is plus everything in between and then have a family holiday too.. and my family will always win over Bowling .

I do wish all my very dear friends the best of luck and will def be watching you all from the net ...

I've had a lot of feedback from both North and South Qld regarding this format.
All of it has been positive.

I have bowled in the TBA Nationals for the past two years and I find (as do most of the other bowlers who have bowled this format) - brilliant. You bowl singles, doubles and teams without having to "sit out".......

The points that you achieve during this competition all go towards your team. You have your team mates with you either in doubles or teams and they are generally near you in singles (if not on the same pair of lanes).

This is the same format that we "the seniors" bowled in Japan 2 years ago and we will also be bowling in Manilla this November with the same format. It really is great and everyone feels that they are contributing to their team. It really is a team effort.

The masters of course is for the single bowler and there is a choice whether you bowl it or not - if you qualify.

Back
Top Bottom