Whispers?

jedi_bowler

Is the Force with you?
I haven't posted in a while so I thought what the hell.
I hear word out in the icy wilderness that AMF is selling Sunshine and Northcote.
don't know how true it is but it sounds interesting.
Anyone else hearing this?

Frosty:rolleyes:

G'day Frosty.
Northcote closes at the end of the year with some of the lanes going to Chaddy (allegedly). Don't know about Sunshine.
We both know where we would like the cracks to appear.
Paul.

Does that mean that Chaddy will extend to the 36-40 lane centre that was talked about when it first relocated to where it is now. If I remember correctly
they were to continue from where lane 1 is and put more lanes down, making it the biggest centre in Victoria.

Grumpy;)

While I was at Holt, I heard about Northcote Closing. Looks like this years Northcote Championships will be the last ever...

Talking to a few others last week, I think Sunshine has been sold already and this time next year we will be Watergardens Dunn Shield team instead.

Not sure how that is actually going to fit onto a shirt either... LOL

A bit sad as Sunshine has a lot of history and it seems some old faces won't be moving to Watergardens.

Jane. xx

My understanding Glen Waverly will be under the STRIKE banner,
more a night club than a traditional bowling alley..
Watergardens is down to go into stage 3 of that shopping center,no dates yet on when they will start building.

Hi Peter,

No idea, I guess it will be up to the league to decide when the time comes. I know Altona is an option as well so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

I know Western Suburbs league have already lost a few bowlers to other centres (ie Epping) frankly I'm not sure if they are strong enough any more to sustain a large upheaval like this...

Just my opinion...

Jane.

Back
Top Bottom