Whats with all the imposters?

In the last couple of months i've seen new registered users who I know aren't the person there login name is portraying.

i've seen numerous people sign up with a name like da_cowman, i saw a michael_macca not to logn ago, im glad to see there being removed but whats the go?

Get your own life!

It's quite possible it's one person doing all this. If they are on dial-up the IP changes every time so they can't be traced back.

Everyone wants to be like everyone else lol

Doesn't your IP change even if your on DSL or cable, like when you disconnect and reconnect, providing someone else connects to the same ISP within the time you were off?

Or maybe im totally misled :shock:

AND, cant the IP they were using at the time be logged and then see if they were on another username at some stage in the same connection?

Macca

On some internet connections people have what is called a static ip, so their ip stays the same all the time.

If anyone sees any "imposters" - please let me know and ill get rid of them ASAP.

Graham is correct when he talks about static ip addresses with adsl and cable internet connections...Just thought id point out that not all adsl and cable plans provide a static ip ;)

You should be hounered that they want to be like you :p J/k

:D CO$HEA :D

Howdy yall
yeh i have noticed a few imposter's since my tiem on being on i just found another one in the victoria forum in the emerson shield team post there's someone with a username ''little macca'' dunt know if that nayone of ur relations or that but yeh just thought let ya know ppl luv u out there mr micky macca lol

hey troy ,

be careful with what u say.

little macca is not an imposter and has been around for quite a while!!

Rob

Back
Top Bottom