What is your Highest Game with a Plastic Ball only?

Highest game with a plastic was in the high 260's when I was 14 (I got lucky).
Shot higher with a rubber houseball at a school PE trip to Mornington in Year 10 (it was a complete fluke) and when I used to work at Moonah I shot 741/3 with a 10lb conventional grip houseball and house shoes, that one I still regard as probably the very best 3 games of bowling I've ever bowled, threw it beautifully.

I once saw a guy bowl 291 with a conventional AMF Strikeline. Wasn't pretty, but they kept falling down. Up to a point. :) Poor fella... I really felt for him!
I've read about that 291 game in a magazine ages and ages ago. May have been Pin Action.
Got the cast-iron legs on the twelfth shot and pulled it and took the 7-pin off the rack. Easy to do if you've never been there before.
The first 300 game ever shot by a woman in Tasmanian bowling was thrown with a pink AMF Strikeline by Sally Golding, bowling a backup ball, in one of the ladies leagues (Birds, I think) in the very early 90's at Moonah.
She still bowls with that ball, in fact was still using it four nights ago when I called in.
We used to bowl in a team together many years ago and she told me that it was the only game she'd ever bowled where she'd hit the headpin every shot in the one game! Ha! :)
I'm pretty sure Gus (Hayden George) shot 300 in Launceston with a houseball a long time ago as did Gavin Hawkes at Moonah.

Had a guy at Taree recently who was in a hurry and grabbed his wifes bowling gear, He used house shoes and a house ball went on to bowl a 266, 210 and around 170. Normally about a 175 average bowler!!

I bowled a 226 game with a 10lb columbia white dot when i was 11, and i bowled double handed with a 14lb house ball and house shoes a month with my friend and averaged 194 for 9 games with a high game of 232

Back
Top Bottom