What is the best Glove out there... not wrist guard... a glove for gripping...

Hi Guys,

I think a glove to help me grip the ball and not feeling as though it is going to slip on the backswing will improve my game more as I will be able to relax my hand even more.

We all know the more you can relax, the more I can relax my thumb so then the quicker you can snap that wrist and get more revs on the ball.

So what is the best glove you have found for gripping. I am not after something that has any mental bars or anything in it unless its on the fingers only, I need my wrist to be able to more and snap.

A glove with tackyness :)

Thank you everyone.

You mean something like a golf glove??? I think ebonite make them as do some others I think... PDW uses something similar...

I've used a golf glove to bowl with for over 15 years or more. Just make sure it is very snug on your hand. I use the glove with the thumb still on it and just cut the two fingers off. Make sure you cut them off a bit above the join otherwise the glove may come apart in that area. Look for the Footjoy leathersoft brand if you can find them. Currently I use a Spidr2 glove. It is amusing to me considering up until recently I was bowling with the Black Widow balls.

"It is amusing to me considering up until recently I was bowling with the Black Widow balls. "

Terry, is that the clear plastic spare ball, with the spider in it?

I use an Ebonite ReactR glove, which has a tackified palm. I think that's what you're looking for?

I use a Brosnan "RooGlove" golf glove.

Synthetic on the back, lycra between the fingers for a snug fit, and a full kangaroo skin palm for fit and durability. Not many leathers are tougher than roo skin.

I cut the thumb off, but leave the full fingers. The lycra between the fingers allows my a nice clean release, but still a nice tacky feel from the roo-skin pad on the fingers. I don't use grips so I use more for protection than anything, because with the limited games I bowl these days, my calluses are gone.

[shameless plug] Available from the House of Golf for $29.95 [/shameless plug] :D

I am not after something that has any mental bars or anything in it

One of the most appropriate Freudian's I've seen in some time! lol Good work my friend!

Would this not be a case of the drilling not being correct? A lot of people seem to be putting in twenty odd pieces of tape in the thumb hole these days (not sure where their thumb actually goes after all that, might be cheaper than a glove (probably not).

'Master' makes a good version of this glove. I'm a two hander and use a glove on each hand. Your local pro shop should stock them.

The Storm one is pretty good, I've have 2 and both have survived numerous washes and are still tacky as hell. There is stock readily available, if your pro shop doesnt stock it just ask him to order it.

OK I have to say it. The best fitting glove is the one you are born with.

Have your ball fitted properly and the feeling will go away.

Back
Top Bottom