What got you into bowling

mum had done it for years before we moved up to rockhampton, i was never interested till we moved here and yeah, i asked if i could try it, and she let me, and i havent gone back since.

I was the first member of our family to get into bowling, I got into it cause i had nothing better to do with my time so my mum suggested that i tried bowling and just look where it gets you today??

I have made heaps of friends from different states and its just an awesome sport, i just hate it when people judge you when you tell them that the sport you do is bowling cause personally bowling is an awesome thing to do.

I got into bowling through school in grade 3. It was called the talent-identified port-o-bowl program. A carpet with a rubber ball and plastic pins. it seemed cool to throw something down and hit something hard.
Got picked by a coach back then and she's still my coach to this day. It was probably the best thing for me back then.

i got into bowling in when i was 13 in grade 8. my mum was at the shopping centre and she saw some learn to bowl classes and signed me up, after those 2 lessons i was hooked, and joined a league. the next year i made state team, 2 years after that i was rolling a 174 average, and got the centre record at my centre of 287. made captain for youth state team in 99 then gave up bowling in 2000 until 2007 since i realised i had made a stupid mistake of leaving in the first place. only just starting to regain all the hard work i had put in earlier, and now roll a 193 ave at the moment, which i hope to make 200+ next season. i will never give it up again lol.:(

when i was 11 my then tennis coach told me i needed to strengthen up my wrist so he suggested to join a league in ten pin bowling. When i was 12 i gave up tennis after playing for 7 years to became the first member of my family to do ten pin bowling.

Family!!
My mum and dad bowled when they were jr's, and my nan was the manager of state teams and has also taken bowlers to the USA.

So bowling runs in my blood

I was bowling late in the 2000 - 2001 school holidays.
A lady doing recruiting come and asked if I was keen on bowling league.
...thats pretty much how I started.

I got in when Nikos Koumandakis recruited me and my friend Benjamin Adams into a doubles league at Manhattan Superbowl Mascot. We ended up winning the thing too.
I'll never forgive Nick for it though... :p

my mum got me into it she started it as something to meet new friends i used to bowl in the school hols down the other end while she bowled league and started from there. Even though its been almost a yr since she is gone i no she will b cheering my sis and i on going into eccc roll off next wkend as she did last yr in person even though she was real sick. I think its the only reason i still do it

good luck in the roll off amanda, hopefully ill be there to help cheer you and sam on. GO QLD

Back
Top Bottom