What a joke

G

grizzzzwall

A post was put on this site yesterday titled 'Censorship'.
Exactly that.
The whole topic was removed today.
I stated on that topic yesterday, that the truth hurts.
It must have, but not only where it was meant to hurt.
The moderator has seen fit to 'censor' the writer of the post.

The bowling world is indeed a poor place.
Many of the hard working volunteers are moving away from the 'sport'.
I wonder why?
Backstabbing!
Bickering!
Management of centres running the sport!
Membership problems!
Nobody knows the rules!
Apathy!
Expense!
TBA vs breakaways! (this is supposed to be rectified - what a laugh)
These are just a few of the problems.

What a great place a bowling centre is.

I love bowling???

NOT!!!!!!!

Well shut up and go play golf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I love bowling like no one you've ever met before..

However, I don't like to see anyone treated unfairly and feel that it's my right to expose those who are either dishonest or liars or both.
This is not a joke..this is THE TRUTH. Bowling needs to be run by people who have the good of the sport at heart and not just someone who is looking to keep their jobs for another year.

GRAHAM WOULD NEVER CENSOR MY POSTS ..for two good reasons.

1) I put my name to my posts
2) I speak the truth.

Graham,

What's your reason for removing the censorship posts? It's your site, but I thought it was a site for a forum not a dictatorship on what can and can't be said.

Scott

Scott

Talk to your mates who can't read and can't follow rules.

I know, and other people know, that I moderate this site fairly, and do not step in unless I believe it is required. If you call not getting your own way when a group of people are trying to cause trouble, and getting their posts deleted "a dictatorship", then I suggest you and your mates find somewhere else to get your jollys.

Please read these rules again - which YOU ALL agreed to when signing up :

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. You also agree that you will not post any links or images to or from external websites. If you break any of these rules, it may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.

The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. All owners of computer networks should take ownership and responsibility for their network. If a post is recorded as coming from a network and it breaks any of the forum rules, TotalBowling reserves the right to ban the IP address, or all memberships of all posters from that originating IP address.

You also agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time for any reason whatsoever, and that TotalBowling also reserves the right to modify members signatures for any reason whatsoever.

TotalBowling also reserves the right to ban any IP or Member for any reason whatsoever.

The last paragraph states :

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions. These rules and conditions may change at any time without notification to members. Should you feel you disagree at any stage with the rules and conditions of this site, please advise the Administrators. Your membership of this website will then be revoked and no further correspondence will be entered into.

Of which to become a member of this site everyone, and I mean EVERYONE must click I AGREE TO THESE TERMS. So if you don't agree to these terms, why say that you do ?

Further to this : someone asked the question what the difference between these recent posts and the posts 10 months ago which was the discussion regarding the Toowoomba Association.

This is thE topic : http://www.totalbowling.com.au/php-forum/viewtopic.php?t=2768

If you go back through that post, it was a heated discussion alright, however EVERYONE put their names to their posts. THAT'S the difference between those posts and the posts now.

Graham,

This will be my last word on this forum as I have moved on. Yes, I did ask what the difference was, and yes most people did state their name. The main difference (and clearly there was no difference at all) was that the stirring was aimed at the T&DDTBA.

Of course you and others did not know who was right and who was wrong. Let's just leave it at that.

I posted (using my name) a reference commenting on a post that stated one of the two centres in Toowoomba was rumoured to be changing hands. My employer chose not to allow a phone call through to me as we were busy at the time, and was quite rudely told that "he will have to face me one day" or words to that effect.

I do not have a problem facing any person, and am certainly not afraid to, so please do not take my employers decision the wrong way. In fact I returned the call and left a message confirming the same, with no reply.

As for that rumour re the centre. Simplest way is to confirm one way or the other what is happening, that usually puts these things to rest. Now I have not started the rumour, in fact another person told others the details,including handover dates, again many people have heard this from a variety of sources.

It was a sad day for me to leave bowling, as I had been a bowler since 14 (over 30 years), and, as I stated quite openly was ready to leave the admin side a become a bowler again, but I had never intended it to be like it was. There would apparently be lots of others who have a sour taste in their mouths over the issues here in Toowoomba.

My thoughts are simply. For those of you who remain and want to create drama, then you deserve each other. If you remain in bowling and enjoy it, keep on enjoying it.

As I have said before, I wish the sport of bowling well. I have chosen to steer clear of bowling, and that is my decsion, and hope that all those who own,work in or bowl in centres continue to support the sport.

Regards to you all.

John Wiffen
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom