Were / Are either of your parents bowlers?

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Did one or more of your parents bowl prior to you starting in the sport. or maybe it was an older sibling or other family member. And if so, were they the reason you became a bowler?

When I was a young lad, I used to tag along with my father to his wekly league night. This was my first intoduction to this great sport and the scenery wasn't too bad either. (there was a Playboy Club League on that at the same time)

Both My Parents
Both My Grandparents
All My Aunties and Uncles
Both My Sister's (Yes even my little sister who just turned 6 has been bowling bumper league for a year)
My Great Cousin Simon Gourlay is a legend of the sport
BUT My brother hates it and wants nothing to do with it

Pick the odd one out

A. Parents
B. Brother
C. The Googs
D. Aunties
E. Grandparents
F. Sisters
G. Unlces

Peace
Chris

My parents were not bowlers, but my father came in and had one game with me and a friend, this was about 1974, he bowled 154 never bowled before in his life. He was an allround sportsman, A Grade Tennis player, A Grade Cricketer, played Golf off 8 handicap, top Snooker player, top Darts player, gee, no wonder he was never home, lol.

willey.

My perants have never bowled a bowling ball in their lifes.

one of my aunties has been bowling social league for over 20 years and needed an extra person for a team so thats how i got into bowling.

As far as i know im the only one in my family including the 60cousins or wat ever the stupid number of them is.

Topher

Neither of my folks bowled...actually...nobody in my family did at all...EVER!!! They had no taste in sport...

i'm the same... parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc.. they don't bowl.

am the only one in my family that does :D

Back
Top Bottom