Welcome and thank you QubicaAMF.

Kellie

Facebook Rocks
I would like to let everyone know that for 2008 we are very happy to have on board QubicaAMF. After speaking with Glen Rowland from QubicaAMF he has shown how generous he is by donating a ball for every super 6 tournament in 2008 so you the forum members have the chance to win.

I would like you all to show your support, it isn’t every day that we have someone that goes above and beyond their normal daily duties.

On behalf of TotalBowling I would like to say thank you.

Please feel free to vist the Columbia Website on the link provided, of if you would like any other information of any Columbia balls, shoes bags etc feel free to send Glen a private message, user name is Jack Daniels.

http://columbia300.com/products/

I would like to personally thank Qubica AMF for their continued support and commitment to Australian Tenpin Bowling. Sponsors are far and few between, Qubica AMF continue to lead the way in growing our sport in this country.

Without the generosity of companies like Qubica AMF there wouldn't be any competitions on this forum. I encourage bowlers who participate in these competitions to thank the sponsor for their generosity.

Thanks Glen!

I have just one question......

Didn't QubicaAMF think the Tenpin Bowling Show was worth sponsoring more? I would have thought they may have got more exposure from a TV show that is growing in popularity than donating a ball for each of the Super Six, which they already have naming rights to.....

Excuse my frankness, but someone please explain the thinking behind this.

PS. Thank you anyway Glen, the bowling public will be forever thankful.

Michael,

I think you answered your own question right there...If they already had naming rights it would be stupid to have another Ball company supply Total Bowling with a prize to give away for free, for their named events...Its called conflict of interest...

Great stuff Kellie well done in securing another sponsor for the site...After a few weeks I am already seeing the changes...Congrats to Glen and Qubica AMF on supporting the most successful bowling site this country has and even perhaps the world...

Here is too a bright future for the partnership

Thanks for that Jase. Yes, clearly it would be a conflict of interest......

I was thinking more along the lines of doing the greater good. As opposed to offering 6 free balls, why not invest in the Tenpin Bowling Show? This has the potential to expose our beloved sport to the open world and attract fresh faces to Tenpin. Super Six already has the support and the exposure, it's not like free balls are going to encourage more bowlers to bowl the events.

Just a different slant on things, that's all.....

Michael,

And here is another slant on things…

This site survives on Sponsorship / Freebies just like any other nonprofit organization…

Glen and Qubica AMF contacted me ages ago regarding this and I was to slack/busy to follow it through…Kellie seized the opportunity when I passed everything over to her and Glen was happy that she had…Your right in saying that giving FREE balls away may not increase numbers in the sport, but by enticing more people to the site allows them to find out more information about our sport and what is going on in it…

At the end of the day without all the sponsors of this site it wouldn’t survive…The traffic this site has and the space it uses, it’s not cheap to host it, upgrade or make style changes to it, and the ongoing costs are phenomenal …No sponsor should be told what to do, and at the end of the day it’s their money and they can put it where they see fit…

I have just one question......

Didn't QubicaAMF think the Tenpin Bowling Show was worth sponsoring more? I would have thought they may have got more exposure from a TV show that is growing in popularity than donating a ball for each of the Super Six, which they already have naming rights to.....

Excuse my frankness, but someone please explain the thinking behind this.

PS. Thank you anyway Glen, the bowling public will be forever thankful.

Michael I think you are a little confused over the AMF thing here, AMF Bowling Centres Australia are the owners and operates of the Super Six Series, QubicaAMF is a totally seperate company to the bowling centre operations, we are an independent distributor of tenpin bowling supply's.
Two put it in simple terms " We are 2 seperate companies"
Perhaps next time you should do you homework before knocking the donation of a sponsor.

Thankyou Glen and your staff for your support of this site and bowling as a whole. I hope the advertising and promotion brings great success as it is thoroughly deserved.

Regards
Carl Bottomley

I would like to personally thank Qubica AMF for their continued support and commitment to Australian Tenpin Bowling. Sponsors are far and few between, Qubica AMF continue to lead the way in growing our sport in this country.
Without the generosity of companies like Qubica AMF there wouldn't be any competitions on this forum. I encourage bowlers who participate in these competitions to thank the sponsor for their generosity.
Thanks Glen!
Nuff said.
Thanks heaps Glen!!

Perhaps next time you should do you homework before knocking the donation of a sponsor.

Never knocked it mate, in fact, I thanked you for it, like all the other bowlers out there.

As for the AMF/QubicaAMF....not a lot of people know the difference, so you can forgive me for not fully understanding. To most people, AMF is AMF, and are widely known for their hunt for the mighty dollar as opposed to looking after the 'average Joe' bowler.

Yes, it's their money, and yes they can put it where they see fit. I just thought that when money/sponsorship is hard enough to get, why not maximise the opportunity by using the money to support the greater good?

Anyway, enough said on the subject. Thanks for continuing to donate/sponsor. And I apologise in advance if anyone doesn't like my perspective on things. I believe I'm entitled to my opinion, as is everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom