Weight question

Hi

How do you determine which weight of ball best suits you? Is it simply a matter of how many pins you knock down or do you consider other factors?

Also, I asked this question before but the post never appeared. How do you attach photo's to posts so as they appear as thumbnails that expand when clicked upon.

Thanks
Fred.

Wow Fred what a question...

The answer I think is whatever feels comfortable... Some people will tell you that a 16lb ball will hit harder and result in more pin action, and others will say that with a 15lb ball you have more control. I think it is like everything you have to feel right or it will never ever work. There is no point bowling with a 16lb ball if you can't lift your arm the next day!!

As for you picture (thumbnail) question, all I've ever done is attach picture using the manage attachment button and upload the piccie and it puts the thumbnail in the message and the rest happens by the usual magic!!

Hope that helps!! Regards - Chris

PS Piccie is of our bowl in Mount Gambier!

Attachments

• 19-08-06_2306.jpg
    19-08-06_2306.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 57
I agree, it's all down to personal preference. I'm using a 14 lb at the moment even though I could probably handle a 15. Hope this helps

I used a 15lb ball for a while but went back to a 14lb because it feels more comfortable and i dont need a lot of effort to bowl it as I did with the 15.

Lyndon

I remember when i first started to bowl we used to select a ball by holding it outstretched in the palm of your hand to give an indication of weight. If you struggled to keep it still, it was a little heavy, if you could hold it up without a problem, could probably do with a little extra weight.

lol when i was a junior i was told exactly the same thing
was going to post it the other day but didnt know if it was silly hahaha
daniel

The test I read somewhere was whether you could hold the ball with a straight wrist and your arm down by your side for a slow count of ten - without struggling too much, or being able to hold it easily for a longer count. I ended up with a 14lb and it's served me well, so far ...

I bowl with 15 pound bowling balls, because the 14 pounders fly down the lane with my style (as anyone who has seen my bowling knows too well lol), and I don't have the same control with 16 pounds (tend to get a sore back with those too)...

15 pounds is heavy enough really - I've had no problems and see no need to break my back trying to hurl 16 pounders:)

Back
Top Bottom