Web site changes

Jase

Admin
Staff member
As you are all no doubt starting to see, yesterday we made some major changes to the site.

1 Some new sponsors have been added to the site.
2 The new links, CHAT, LIVE SCORES, and VIDEO ARCHIVE have been added to the tool bar across the top of the site.
3 Reading anything on the site now you must be logged in!
4 When signing in you will be asked to supply your REAL FULL names and LOCATION!
5 LIVE SCORES will be coming here soon!!

Guest now have no rights on this forum, they cant view anything other than the log on page, to access anything from this site from now on you will need to be a registered member and LOGGED in to read anything going on this forum. To the elite few who think by putting in a false name and location in your profile, you will be given a warning and be sent a PM asking for you to update your profile properly. From that you will have only 24 hours to update your profile properly; if you still don’t comply the account will be CLOSED. Yes other people other than me will be checking and reporting this, as it’s been forced upon me of late, that people on this site should know exactly who we all are when posting. Oddly enough since the new forum changes, we now have 23 new members in less than 8 hours. Welcome to those members and enjoy the site.

On a final note any suggestions feel free to post them here, as we are always looking to improve the site anyway we can. Make sure you all checkout the chat feature as it seems to be very successful later in the evenings.

Jase, I believe all members who post should have the option to edit their post/thread at all times. When communicating via the written word, it is not uncommon for the intended message to be misinterpreted, there is so much more to communicating, other than words. Tone of voice, body language and facial gestures all play significant parts when communicating face to face. Spelling and correct grammar can also cause the intended message to go astray when communicating via the written word.

Because of this misinterpretation, some of us post things which in hindsight we wish we hadn't, why not give the individual poster the option to re-word or delete entirely what he/she has written to avoid any conflicts which arise from badly worded posts and threads?

Just a thought.

Shawn

Hammer said:
I thought it was Neville :) :p
Great changes Jase.

My real name is Shawn, but sometimes I think Neville Nobody is more appropriate...........;).....I'm actually learning to like the name Neville!

Neville

Brunswick Tech said:
My real name is Shawn, but sometimes I think Neville Nobody is more appropriate...........;).....I'm actually learning to like the name Neville!
Neville
So after all them "righteous talk" about Tiger....you are basically a Nobody ehh Shawn opsss i mean Neville LMFAO. What a joke.
Well done Jase, i think we will double the numbers here and atleast people will be careful with what they type here. And all credit goes to Phil who have been crying for years for people to put their Real Names here to make their opinion count.
Cheers
Alex

Righteous talk, there's no-one on this earth who can claim to be righteous! however, I am happy that you have been reading my posts, Alex.

You are correct, I'm a nobody.............if you research my posts you will see that I signed off using Shawn to start with.......it was no big secret, untill one or two individuals demanded that I post my name. So, in keeping with my character I posted a alias name.............I 'm glad you enjoyed the joke, I shall continue to post in the same vein.

I don't think you will double the numbers here because of the changes nor will the changes make any difference to how I post.

Remember, you should be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Neville

I think it would be usefull if you made it so that instead of having titles or wat ever they are called(under your user name on left side of post) we display the real name

for example mine would be
*'topher*
christopher oshea

that way people have their nicknames and stuff but its easy to see who that person really is

Just another though :)

chris oshea

great changes Jase, love the video archive of the good bowlers that are talked about in the forum that now you can actually see who they are and there bowling style.......great stuff

=Remember, you should be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
Neville

your character creates your reputation

Brunswick Tech said:
Remember, you should be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
Neville

Kaz said:
Do you or Dont you have the right to keep your location Anon?

No!!!! I dont think i am asking much, we are not asking for your street address:rolleyes:

Nighteyes300 said:

Does this mean that if I was to ask your worst enemy what he thought of you, it would equal your true character?

OH No, there is definetly a lot more to a reputation than just your character and vica-versa...........I could go in-depth with a answer, but we would be getting way off topic then. However, I will say, there are many reputations who if they were to bump into there character on the street, would not recognize them.

Neville

Is there not a way you can read without logging on all the time. It seems pointless if you read only.

Dozza said:
Is there not a way you can read without logging on all the time. It seems pointless if you read only.

Can you please supply your full name? With over 20 posts in the last two weeks i would say you do more than just read only.

Look it isn’t that hard and I won’t tolerate it any longer. Today I had a user receive 3 warnings and yes tried to make a fool of me by telling me there name was THIRD TIME LUCKY. For them it wasn’t so I banned them. (KAZ) and yes this person actually has had 5 other sign in names before, and over a period of time has managed to get them al banned as well for different reasons.

This is the type of emails I receive day in and day out so its time that these minority pay a little respect to the site and the people using it. We aren’t asking for much I don’t think. For the few that want to remain anonymous, than hey maybe join another site, it’s no skin off my nose. I know how valuable this site is to 90% of the bowling community and to some of that 90% it’s like oxygen.

This was an email I received from that Banned member today!!

Watch your back you fat faggot.........

Just another tough guy computer screen freak, Keep the emails coming it keeps me amused.

Hi Jase
To all the team ~~ great changes.
To all the whingers ~~ why post if you can't put your name to it!! Simple solution don't you think!!! At least I don't have to play guessing games about who is posting.
Cheers to all the team and keep up the great work.
Cheers
Bernie Shelley :cool: :rainbow1:

Hi Jase,
The changes are great, it's good to see the administrators have go the balls to step up to the plate and stop some of the crap that goes on this site....

Fantastic work guys.....

Graham Smith

Well done Jase and your team. You've suddenly had a sharp increase in "members" and some of those AGAIN need deleting. Keep up the great work.

Feral

I don't understand why you would ask my name when you know me. My question was not whinging nor any other negative issue..... just a question. I agree with logging on whenever you post but why do you have to log on just to read? I'm sincerely asking what harm does this do? Yes I have posted heaps lately .... actually 21 times within 24hrs when I was updating scores for 24hrs throughout our marathon. So don't make me out to be some compulsive poster because I'm only a dedicated person.
I am again offended by you making some kind of link between me and abusers because I have never done that. I know that by everyone logging on you now know every page everyone looks at aswell as every private message typed but why would you want to know that if that's supposed to be private. I have been called names but I take it with a grain of salt.
I think when Graham developed this site he had a great idea and its become and great tool for bowlers not only Australia wide but Worldwide to remain connected and informed.
I don't know whats happened of late but there seems to be a wall. Its sad because I really enjoy this site. I love reading everything from the controversial to the weird funny stuff.
I probably won't get my answer but I have been sitting here checking every word over and over making sure nobody will be pissed with me but that is never a given.
I've always thought of myself as a well liked and respected lady in the industry but I don't like people wiping their shoes on me.
I'm not looking for any response here apart from an answer to my question but without malice or any negativity that doesn't relate to me please.

Doriana Porto

Doriana
Firstly let me say, my post was no way having a shot at you or anyone on this site other than the person that I named in my previous post. The first line was an answer to your earlier question. I don’t sit here and wipe my shoes on anyone.
As for logging in to read, its my way of seeing the site being cleaned up, and if you like I can forward you some of the 40-50 odd private messages or emails that have been sent to me from members of this site, that believe that everything I have changed so far has been for the good of this site and Tenpin Bowling.
By no means can I visit your history on what pages you have visited while you were logged on, yes like everyone else I can see what people are viewing only at that time, I cannot pull up history of anyone.
The part that annoys me the most about your post is your insinuation of ME being able to view yours or any others members, Private messages, if this comment keeps rearing its ugly head again I will remove the private message feature.
Graham designed the site for what he designed it for, but over the last 12-18 months he lost a lot of interest in the site because of the way it was used and abused. This is why my different ways and ideas to get the site to a respectable level may offend a few people, I think in the long term this site will be where we all want it to be, the place where people can come and share all there knowledge and bowlers stories and all try and work together, on a more professional level.
I am not sure if most people realize but people from the ASC Australian Sports Commission actually read this site, if we want this sport to start to be recognized at a different level then don’t you think it’s a good idea to start by cleaning this site up?
What has been posted on this site over the last month would be embarrassing for any sport.

Back
Top Bottom