Walter De Veer Reunion

grumpie

Gunther and I would like to extend an invitation to all Victorian Walter De Veer bowlers to attend a reunion at our place.

For those who are prepared to make the trip to Sale, we have scheduled the event for the Saturday 22nd January 2005. This will also be a good opportunity for people attending to also call into Morwell Tenpins and support the Youth National Championships.

We will be mailing out invitations shortly with all the details. However there are some team members that I do not have a current address for so if you have any contact details I would be greatful for it.

Liz Fabian-Czmok

What a great Idea would love to attend. Any accomodation near by.........
I believe that you live out of town somewhat.

Not sure who you are Sydpies (but I now think I have a fair idea !!!) but there will obviously be more information in the invitations. For those wishing to make a weekend out of if, I will include some suggestions for a place to rest your head for the night - useful suggestions that is......

Liz

Maybe we could organise a couple of caravan and bon fire to make the night real special.At least the drunks will not have too far to fall.

The bon fire will be a definite no no as there will be strickt fire restrictions in place by then. Given the bushfires that surrounded us 2 years ago and the vegetation that is rampant at the moment I do not wish to go through that - the Ferny Creek fires were enough for me thanks.

However plenty of ice (reminds me of the 2000 reunion) could be arranged.....

Liz

I guess we better not put anyboby close to the dam. Too many people might go skinny dipping.

With all the cattle around here that may not be a good idea - he could start a stampede !!!!!

Liz

hi there prior team mates,trivia question...who was your most standoutish De Veer bowler that loved the tournaments so much & misses everyone as well?any ideas?So do ya miss me :?: 8) 8)

How are you and Tracey. Hows the car yard going. I'm sure you will come
down , that's the both of you.Remember we will be going into the 10th year of wdv. If you were watching you will know we did really well this year and will keep celabrating on this weekend :shock: :shock: :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

We are both fine thanks,yes i saw the fantastic results & credit to you all will tell Tracey about the do,should be a blast i will tell Ian & Liz as well hope you are both well :wink:

Well the invitations have just been emailed and the rest will be mailed Monday/Tuesday. If anybody can help out with finding a few people please let us know. Here are the names of team members that we have no contact details for

Trevor Bouker
Barry Dawes
Peter Rumble
Chelsey Downey
Mike Kennedy
Craig Read
Anastasia Sikola
Lyn Lumsden
Cora Santvoort
Stephen Laycock
Mick Corfield
Paul Chandler
Donna Phillips (now Cogan)
Nola Downie
Arthur Metsakos
Michelle Taylor
Rick Shaw
Patrick Donker
Punsak Hewett
Danny Gibson
Marg Nunn

Send PM with any details you may have.

We will also make sure that we keep you up to date with who will be attending.

Gunther and Liz Czmok

walter deveer reunion

Gday Grumpie

Just let you know I can't make it cause I'm working that day :( , would have liked to catch up, hope you all enjoy yourselves I'm sure there will be a few stories to tell.

hope to see some of you in tourney's next year.

Have a merry xmas :x-mas: and a safe new year :drinking:

Russell

Sorry to hear that you can't make it Russell (can't call you by the other name since you've had all the hair cut off !!) but thanks for replying so quickly.

No doubt there will be some stories to tell but with you not being there, I feel that the stories will be a little less exciting and colourful........

No doubt though we will bump into each other in one of the bowling centres around the traps and both Grumpie and myself would like to wish you and Angela a great Christmas and all the best for 2005.

Liz

Hi

Just to let you know Graeme and Natalie O'Connor won't be able to make the reunion. Thanks for the invite.

Natalie

Thanks for the reply Natalie/Graeme. Sorry you can't make it but no doubt will see you around the traps during the year.

Wishing both of you a merry christmas and a safe and happy new year.

Gunther & Liz Czmok

Thanks Guys,

If we don't see you at Mooroolbark on the 9th then we'll probably bump into you Country Cup in March
Maybe you could get a contingent from Sale to bowl the skins at Werribee on Australia day. Should be a great day
All the best for Christmas and the new year.

Graeme and Nat

To give you a start on who will be attending so far:

Sue Ikin
David Ikin
Joe Tomasinski
Sue Jones
Gunther Czmok
Liz Fabian-Czmok
Ian Smith
Nada Smith
Jayson Bundy

Can you please make sure to reply by the 12th, as the numbers attending will ascertain what sort of catering we will be doing.

Thanks

Liz

Updated attendees

David Ikin
Sue Ikin
Joe Tomasinski
Sue Jones
Nada Smith
Ian Smith
Gunther Czmok
Liz Fabian-Czmok
Jayson Bundy
Daryl Lucas
Carl Barbara (provided can get time off work)
Tracey Walker (I presume Carl won't turn up empy handed in that case !!)

So far we have a representative from each year, so we will be picking the team of the decade on that weekend. So beware as I have give you ample warning..............

Liz

Back
Top Bottom