Walsh wins 2007 Western Open

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Congratulation goes to Jason Walsh, for winning the 2007 Western Open last night at AMF Richlands.

Walsh held off a fast finishing Luke Rafton and defending champion Tony Hamilton was third…Peter Martin made the cut but had to pull out due to other commitments and 16th Qualifier David Cupit replaced Peter in the finals…

Peter also started the tournament with a nice 298 in game one of qualifying…

All results can be found at the link provided below…

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/news/livescores/

congrates to jason walsh on the win of the western open and good work to luke rafton on coming 2nd
walsh bowled extremely well on friday night in the win a spot to south pacific and followed up with yet another win in the western open congrates to all the bowler that entered

Well done Walshy ... and a nice return to form for Luke Rafton.

Cathy Elwell also threw a 298 during the tournament.

Congrats Jason great win, nice one Luke on running 2nd.

Big congrats to Marto on his new PB to. Well Done champ.

Congratulations to all placed in the top 15. Especially to Luke Rafton who bowled like a champ and to Cathy Elwell who bowled fantastic all day (Sooo proud)!!

Congratulation to Jason Walsh on winning the 2007 Western Open. Jason bowled extremely well all weekend. Also well done to Luke Rafton and Tony Hamilton on there 2nd and 3rd placing respectively.

I would also like to congratulate the two female bowlers who made the cut, Cathy Elwell and Melanie Warmington. Great effort guys and the most pleasing on the weekend to see you mixing with the boys.

It’s great to see you back bowling again Cathy, a big asset to the bowling community and a great talent, and we hope you can get back into it, if that’s what you want to do.

A lot of high scores for the weekend, and well done to Peter martin on your PB.

Thanks for all the people who had their names down and turned up and bowled. We kept the same prize fund even though we had around 12 people pull out at the last minute.

A big thanks to Jason and Kellie from Total bowling for doing all the scores and having there equipment there to help us out during the day. I would have been lost without your experience of running tournaments, and I have learnt a lot from this weekend.

Regards
Steven Hampson

Ps. Mrs Flower thanks for coming up and asking me how to spell annihilate, I hope I could help you again when you need it;);)

Congratulations on your Win Jason. :wave:

Looking at the scores it showed you lead all the way & there was some huge scores thrown. Plenty of 279 games & higher. Well done Jason...

I would just like to congratulate our good friend Mel Warmington on some awesome display of bowling. Mel came 5th in this great field of men bowlers.

Averaging 215 to qualifying in 15th, but then with averaging 219 in Match play got herself all the way to 5th.

Mel that's just a terrific display of bowling. We are very proud of you...
Keep up the awesome bowling. You are definately one of our best up & coming bowlers who is going to go a long way. Congrats Mel.... :thmbup:

Jenny & Al ;)

A very nice win once again to Mr Walsh.

Huge Congrats to Mello on placing 5th, you're a CHAMP.

We must also say commiserations to Ben Taylor on just missing the cut (19 pins to be exact)
He bowled exceptionally well and had 2 bad games that just knocked him out.
Even after a good night sleep he was still fuming :mad:

Congrats to Luke and Tony on your 2nd and 3rd spots and also to Luke Green on finishing 6th. You bowled awesome all day and your final was well deserved.

Thanks also to Steve, Margy and all the staff at Richlands for a well run tournament.

Brad and Rachel

Congrats to Jason on his win in the Western Open, showcasing an awesome display of bowling. Jason is truly one of a kind and a pleasure to bowl with. Also thanks to the tournament committee for a successful tournament.

Well done to the hammerhead you bowled well mate, once you got into gear there was no stopping you, when ever you step onto the lanes you are there for one reason and one reason only and you always put your head down and lock into the zone, never backing off, while also having fun along the way.

Well done also to Luke you bowled well all day, and to move your way to second was fantastic.

Well done to all bowlers who bowled on the day.

Have to say a big congrats to Cathy (puss) it has been a while since you have bowled that many games but at least you can say you were leading the way for 3 games. You gave the boys a run.

It was great to see you out on the lanes again, so look out everyone the puss has made a return about bloody time, Mindy and I might add, thank god really as we were getting sick of the bingo and the rsl Sunday lunch every weekend.:gathering2: :wheelchair:

Back
Top Bottom