Visionary Visionary AMB Bronze Centaur

Dan Storm

I recently purchased a AMB Bronze Centaur from Alan Shephard (BBA Sydney Outlet Rep). What a great asset Alan is to Max's team from BBA.

Visionary AMB ANTIQUE BRONZE CENTAUR
Finish: Out of the box (OOB)
pin placement: 3-4
top weight: 3.03

I had never heard of Visionary balls before i came onto this site. On discovering Visionary bowling balls i did some reading and found out that Visionary have a ball for every occassion. This interested me as they said that no two balls are the same. Unlike most big name ball companies that have a huge range of balls that are pretty much the same. I have read reviewes from Tonx and other bowlers.

I spoke to Alan and told him that i was a left handed with medium ball speed and revs after a ball that goes long and snaps hard at the backend for medium oil conditions. Alan suggested the Bronze Centaur. But first Alan wanted to watch me bowl to get the right setup for my style.

Had the ball drilled then it was off to see how the ball performed. I had watched a lot of bowlers (crankers) bowl down and make a ball snap but never imagined that i would be able to do it. I bowled my usual line and realised that a stroke bowler can make a ball snap like a cranker. After a few frames i was forced to change my bowling line as this ball had a fierce backend. I used to bowl straight down the second arrow on the left and watch the ball smooth arc to the pins. It was suggested that i bowl from the middle and throw the ball out to the first arrow on left. I thought to myself that the ball is going to go straight into the gutter and if it managed to stay on line it would not come back as i do not have high revs on the ball. I did as what was suggested and to my surprise the ball went long, then just snapped and hit hard. Pins were scattered everywhere. I was amazed that not only did the ball snap but hit hard as well.
Last year i only managed to bowl three 200+ games. I have had the Centaur for just over a week. Bowled eleven games with it and have already scored five games over 200+. My ave is only 158. I know now that my ave will now surely increase as this ball has what i want from a ball. It is a brilliant ball.

I now know that i can be a great bowler instead of just a good bowler because i now have a great ball that works well in dry-medium conditions for me.

The acronym (AMB) stands for Anti Mass Bias.

To me AMB stands for 3 different things.
1. A Mythical Beast - This ball, like in Greek mythology destroys all in its path.
2. A Mercedes Benz - This ball has prestige, class and best of all makes people stop and watch this ball in action just like the car.
3. A Missionary Ball - Like a missionary, their job is to help people and provide support. So does this ball for me. I can rely on this ball for the help and support.

Ball Seller: Alan Shephard could have been the same as so many Pro Shop sellers that just want your $ and not really care about the bowler unless you are a great bowler. Alan actually took the time to meet and bowl with me prior to deciding with me what ball, pin placement and top weight to get. He gave me friendly advice and suggested the right ball for my bowling style. His sheer professionalism, attitude to selling and looking after the customer was second to none. He actually cared about satisfying the customer instead of getting a sale and leaving the bowler high and dry. He is a valuable asset to the bowling community and to Max at BBA.

Ball Driller: Bruno from Castle Hill bowling centre. Buno would be the KING MINAS of ball drillers. For those who don't know who King Minas was i will tell you. In Greek mythology everything King Minas touched turned to gold. Just like Bruno. He is a great ball driller taking time and precision in making sure everything is done just perfectly. I can see why people travel a long way and even send balls to him to drill. He takes pride in his work, he is professional and has the right attitude as well. Bruno does not care if you are a beginner or great bowler. He treats everybody the same. Bruno is not a ball driller out to get a sale but he is about satisfying the customer.

As Ben said in a previous post

If anyone wants a ball that they can swing and rely on to still finish strongly then this ball is ideal.

Fantastic ball from visionary. This really has become my go to ball as its just so reliable on a variety of conditions.

Jason

Thanks for the review, its good to see you like your new equipment.

Cheers!

Tonx

p.s. - its King MIDAS. hehe:cool:

Hey Tonx,
You were a deciding factor in choosing a Visionary ball. I read your review on the Blue Green Centaur. I was going to get one but Alan suggested the AMB Bronze Centaur would be better suited to my bowling style. All in all i am happy i chose a Visionary Ball. The best decision i have made in buying a bowling ball.

For me no one but Bruno...Drilled 4 of mine which are all perfect.

Dan Storm said:
If anyone wants a ball that they can swing and rely on to still finish strongly then this ball is ideal.
Fantastic ball from visionary. This really has become my go to ball as its just so reliable on a variety of conditions.
Jason

Couldn't agree more. I has this ball drilled to be aggressive, and aggressive it is.
Its turning ability is amazing. I haven't been able to use it for more than a game yet due to not enough oil on the lanes. I've never had a ball turn so hard!!!!. I cant wait to have fresh conditions to give this ball a real work out.

Very interesting read, every ball ive bought ive been told will "hook out of the house" or "won't be able to keep it on the lane" and thats total rubbish. Im yet to find a ball that will do what I want on heavily oiled lanes. With my ball speed they just keep sliding !

Is there are visionary ball that would suit me ? Was looking at that violet gargoyle, seen a few of them go down and they seem quite snappy!

Cheers
Brad

BradMarshall said:
Very interesting read, every ball ive bought ive been told will "hook out of the house" or "won't be able to keep it on the lane" and thats total rubbish. Im yet to find a ball that will do what I want on heavily oiled lanes. With my ball speed they just keep sliding !

Is there are visionary ball that would suit me ? Was looking at that violet gargoyle, seen a few of them go down and they seem quite snappy!

Cheers
Brad

Gday Brad.

Visionary have the single most aggressive ball I have ever seen available. The AMB PARTICLE. It has a very High load particle coverstock, and a medium RG, high Differential core that allows lots of continuation throughout the whole lane. If you are unable to get this ball to hook, there is something seriously wrong.

If you need any information, guys like Jase and Carl are your way, and will help you with anything you need.

If I can assist with any furthur information, just shoot me a pm.

Cheers!

As to HAMMERS post....hes so right

I bowled against him tonight and that ball was just awesome. a fantastic buy... and simply the best ball ive seen him throw...didnt even need to warm up with it....just bang bang bang

Ducati 851 said:
As to HAMMERS post....hes so right
I bowled against him tonight and that ball was just awesome. a fantastic buy... and simply the best ball Ive seen him throw...didnt even need to warm up with it....just bang bang bang

Yes Shannon fresh conditions 2nite showed just what this ball is capable of. Finally i could use this ball for more than half a game. 966 straight up out of the box, unbelievable feeling I get with this ball.

Brad, with your ball speed , it is going to be hard to get a ball to stop sliding.
The Amb Particle, is the ball for you. If you cant get this ball to turn, I will be very amazed. Gavin at Richland's has all the Visionary Balls drilled up for you to test, I recommend that you go and throw each one, to see if you like them. Hope this helps mate

i definitely would recommend Visionary's AMB Particle, i haven't been able to throw this ball on a league condition, (AMF's poor oiling to blame there) definitely suited for the wettest freshest condition. Like said b4, if u can't get this ball to turn, definitely something wrong. A sh*tload of a ball for the money too. Give it a go, u won't be disappointed.

Just had a Bronze Centaur drilled up me a couple of days ago (had it for nearly 2 weeks) and i was shocked at the hitting power of this ball.
Got mine drilled to go long (plenty of finger weight on it) and a a very late snap at the backend. I was more looking at a condition where it is hard to bring a ball back from the outside and straight out of the box i shot 259. Got stiffed on a couple of 9 pins through the game. Messengers were flying everywhere (except in the 9 pin direction).
I chased up this ball from Max from BBA due to the results i saw with it in Adelaide during the S.A. Cup and i have to say i am very pleased with the results thus far. Ball has been drilled for exactly what i want it to do.
As Max told me, you have to get a person who knows what they are doing to drill these balls as they can get the best out of the ball and the best out of your game.
Visionary all the way for me now!!!

p.s. Thanks heaps Max, I love this ball!

Gday guys, Time for a review

THE AMB BRONZE CENTAUR.
http://www.visionarybowling.com/ball_CentaurAMB.html

For the guys that don't know me, im a high speed, high revrate bowler. Im just as happy playing 1st arrow as I am 7th arrow.

Drilled my new toy up 4inch p2p placement, level with fingers, with a 45degree mass bias placement, and a 7/8ths 1/2inch x-hole 1inch left of val, in thumb quad. Box Finish. Wanted this to open up the lanes. A BIG 'hooker' if you will. This is currently the strongest drilling in my bag. Pic to come...

Lanes: Brunswick Synths, kegal machine, Australian National Yth Challenge, 42 ft LONG pattern.
( which can be found at www.tenpin.org.au )

Comparison ball- X-factor Ace, drilled same pin placement, 15degree mb placement, x-hole on pap, finished to 1200polished.

The Ace for me was always a strong mover into the pocket. Due to the layout, it clears the heads well, and makes a continuous angular arc. Its great for tough shots, but not very versatile, and burns the shot very quickly.

The AMB was cleaner through the heads, due to its medium RG, and MUCH stronger throughout the rest of the lane. Even on the tough pattern, it gave speed tolerance (which is surprising for a pearl with my shot) and set up nicely through the pocket. Generally carry isnt a problem with my revrate and speed, however the AMB left even less corner pins than the ace, especially from deep and tight inside.

It played very well with a swing shot, and its continuation is like that of a Paradigm, with a more angular move. I also noticed that an up the back release carried just as well. If I had to compare its hook motion with gear from other brands, I would say a Paradigm/Delta-1 hybrid. It barely touched the pattern, and within the 3 hours that I bowled on it, I had to move no more than 3 boards with my feet throughout the entire session, and keep the same breakpoint.

This is a ball that creates some serious noise at the pins. Think of a Karate master splintering a tree with 1 punch, and thats the sort of crack that is heard. Ive NEVER had a ball generate so much CONSISTENT power at the breakpoint, especially on a tougher shot. This ball is an absolute PLEASURE to bowl with.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom