Vic 150 2009 - Training Squad

Coach Garvin

Invitation to join a training squad.

The 2009 Vic 150 training squad commences on November 29th 2008. This squad and tournament is only open to female registered TBA bowlers of any age.

Coach Garvin has already selected a squad list and is opening up an invite to other nominations. You can nominate yourself or someone else you know who would benefit from being a member of the Vic 150 squad to learn great tips and skills in tenpin.

Conditions are squad members must be female and be able to compete in the 2009 Vic 150 tournament over the Easter weekend in March 2009.

Cost of the squad is $100 all inclusive of the following benefits.
- Vic 150 Team TLC tournament shirt
- Game practice fees
- And miscellaneous expenses for coaching resources
- Free High performance coaching over four sessions plus ongoing free coaching from January through to the 2009 Vic 150 tournament.
- Access to other resources

The Team TLC Vic 150 squad has had success over the last two years on many levels. For sure we’ve had three squad members make the finals each time, however it’s the personal development of your game beyond the Vic 150 that’s going to assist in game improvement.

This is an opportunity you must seriously consider.

Anyone who is nominating themselves or someone else must provide an expression of interest outlining why they want to be part of the squad, their commitment to their learning and development and what ever else you feel is warranted.

Get your nominations in now. e-mail [email protected]

http://www.tiffanylaine.com.au

regards

Coach Garvin

this sounds like a waste of money

I think that's an unfair statement to make on something you haven't tried.

I have been a part of this squad for the last two years, and found it to be very beneficial. I have learnt a lot from Coach Garvin and have met many new friends along the way.

Before joining this squad, I only thought about bowling in the Vic 150 tournament but, because of Coach Garvin, I actually got around to doing something about it.

The support network during the training sessions and at the tournament are fantastic! Yes, Vic 150 is an individuals tournament, but if you like feeling part of a team, then I would recommend you consider this squad.

The reason I am not doing it next year is due to now living in Queensland and the cost involved with bowling interstate. I need to consider which interstate tournament I want to bowl in next year and, unfortunately, I won't be able to make Vic 150.

Jo Hine
TLC Vic 150 squad member 2007, 2008

this sounds like a waste of money

Yes I agree this is a very unfair statement to make!

I also will not be participating in this squad this year due to personal reasons (however I do intend to bowl Vic 150 if it is at all possible) but I have recommended this squad to others who are participating and finding it worthwhile. Matt is a very knowledgeable coach who taught me more in a few sessions than I ever picked up before in years and years of bowling. He has a way of explaining things and making the technical side of things easy to understand for anybody. What I like mostly about Matt's coaching is that he gave me the knowledge to help myself (unlike the stand here, bowl there type of coaching) My results in ECCC in 2007 were nothing short of dismal, however with the things I learnt from Matt 2008 was a much better year,
(2009 hopefully even better again) and for me and I know I could not have improved my game without his help.

I didn't know Matt from a bar of soap when I first joined but I wanted to improve and learn and I had an open mind, gave it a chance, I learnt so much and it was very worthwhile.

Well, i'm going from experience with this guy on how he spoke to a bowler in a team he was coaching. the bowler approached him for help and his response " you have been around awhile, you should be able to work it out for yourself" Great coaching tips from the super coach

I am talking from experience with "Super Coach" Matt Garvin. I was a member of a state team that he was coaching and during the tournament he told me "To remember that I'm not a good enough bowler and will never be as good the rest" he then tried to get my mother to coach me during the tournament when I thought he was the state coach.
Thank You Matt Garvin for all your helpful words of encouragement because of this advice I now have a better coach.

Well that sounds highly unlike anything Matt would say or any coach would say in fact. Not saying you're lying, but perhaps you have the wording twisted around making it seem worse than what was actually said. I have had a great deal to do with Matt over the last two years, including many long conversations outside of training sessions so I also am speaking from experience.

As neither of you are female and both inelligible for Vic 150 training squad this is irrelevant. Matt is a very approachable person and if you have a grievance with him you should take that up privately.

Back to Vic 150 ok.

No probs. I will get the person super coach told to work it out to post on here. You believe what you want, maybe he has been politie and good for you and maybe you have learnt alot from him. But dont claim he is not like that and that we are twisting words when it was what he said.
At the end of the day, if you're happy with what he is teaching you, good for you and hopefully it helps you along with your bowling. But people need to know both sides of the coin.

I must say that Coach Garvin has been a real influence to me and my bowling. For without him.... I would not have left Essendon to go bowl at Keon Park as a junior. As for the clinic, hopefully it is of great benefit to whoever attends.

Just like to say thank you to Coach Garvin for his help during the Training Squad. I have learnt and gained confidence in my bowling from the training over the last few months and today after matchplay finished 4th in the Vic150 with my partner Bianca Flanagan.

Another lady in the squad, Kirsten, finished 13th after qualifying just missing the cut.

So ladies, if you get the opportunity to join the squad next year, do so, it will be of benefit to you!

Once again, thanks Matt.:)

today after matchplay finished 4th in the Vic150 with my partner Bianca Flanagan.
QUOTE]

I was really proud of you Noelene, and congratulations for finishing 4th. I hope you gain some well-needed confidence from the weekend, and take that into your league and other bowling. You can do it.

While I may have finished 13th, the experience from the weekend and the knowledge I have gained from the training squad are invaluable. Thanks Matt for the time you put in for all of us.

Back
Top Bottom