V-bookie

PoITeR

Bowl-A-Holic
ok there seems to be a big problem with bets.

I have spoken with keelie and jase but at present they have not been able to come up with a answer.

If you have a lot of money and bet 10 digits it dont seem to pay out, so untill it gets sorted please dont over bet, as i have loss a lot of money and i bet jase and others have as well.

I think the problem is that v-bookie can only recognize numbers up to (2^n-1) -1 where n = 32 (32 bit numbers), so the maximum bet for vbookie to pay out is (2^31)-1 = 2,147,483,647

Probably the best temporary idea is to make several smaller bets.

Cheers,
Zac Krebbekx

This is highly likely, the application is probably dealing in the standard signed integer of 32 bits, which Zac correctly stated is just over 2 billion...

I'm sure someone in the community would be able to convert the integer types to a long or double in both the database and application in a couple of minutes. Any php'ers out here?

Yeah thats right, if the data type for storing bets was converted from type int to type long, all the problems should be solved (by theory).

thats cool guys,

I was just letting ppl know, as there have been quiet a few bets I have made that have not paid because the system could not handle it

Back
Top Bottom