Updated Events Calendar

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Here is the updated calendar which now includes the National Ranked Events.
Just use this link to the Home Page.

http://www.tbaq.org.au/

If you happen to notice any mistakes such as wrong dates, please let us know. We do try to keep it up to date however its not always possible unless we are informed of the changes.

I think the format of your championships will only ruin the numbers...
You'll no longer get people trying to better their scores in different squads...

Richard you may well be right, but the numbers cant get much worse. We are starting to see squads with only 4 or 6 lanes in use and our State Championships used to be run with packed houses.

We're not looking to analyse why, we're just looking to try something completely different.

It may work - it may not, we have to make an attempt and as tournaments up here are fairly well attended we thought we would try out a format resembling a tournament but which still retained the essentials of a Championship.

We listened to a lot of people before we decided to trial this. If it works -terrific. If it doesnt - so be it.

How are your Championships faring down South? Do you guys have a similar loss of entries?

On viewing the calendar after phone calls from some bowlers I have noticed that the TBAQ State disabilities tournament is listed as being held at Ashmore. At this point in time this is not correct, Ashmore is one of the centres that have tendered for next years championships. Tenders close today and the centre will be decided at our next meeting on Monday 1st December 2008. All centres who have tendered will be notified on whether they were successful or not and the decision will also be in our minutes that are sent out to centres and co-ordinators within Queensland.
I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, but this notification did not come from our committee. Andrew is removing it from the calendar and I will notify him as soon as a decsision is made and he will update the calendar then.

Beth Boyd.
Chairperson,
TBAQ Disabilities committee.

Back
Top Bottom